Honored Contributor

Re: Why So Many Masks On Sale?

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@suzyQ3 ...tell me the facts and let me make my own decision.

If the powers that be can let people  into the country with out being tested - I can live my life with out someone telling me to wear a #&@* mask.

@Mom2Dogs  So don't wear one. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ      Mask wearing is a mandate in my state - and I cannot go into any store without one...the store can be fined and that is not what I would want to happen to any retail business.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

If the powers that be can let people  into the country with out being tested - I can live my life with out someone telling me to wear a #&@* mask.

@Mom2Dogs IMO this is a classic cut off your nose to spite your face.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   call it what ever you want - 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ      Mask wearing is a mandate in my state - and I cannot go into any store without one...the store can be fined and that is not what I would want to happen to any retail business.

@Mom2Dogs  I'm in NY where you need one to go in a store also. However I'm not in a store that often so I don't need a mask that much.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs

Effective January 26, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers two years of age and over entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three (3) calendar days of departure​, or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recent recovery for all passengers prior to boarding. ​Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.

See the CDC Proof of Negative Test Result page to view the order, complete the attestation, and to see FAQ’s.  

More:    https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-testing-required-us-entry.html

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

That's pretty selfish on your part.   Clearly, no one close to you has died from covid, or you might actually get why it's important.

Seat belts are mandatory because they save lives, and you can be ticketed for not wearing one ... in my state, anyway.   Wearing a mask really isn't a big deal, but if that is such an affront to your "rights", well, then, just stay home and have your groceries delivered.   No problem, and no one has to contend with your ignorance.  Everybody wins.

Trusted Contributor

There are other ways to enter the country beside air travel.  I think everyone needs to be tested regardless of the point of entry.  Regarding masks, I don't mind wearing them but if I had to wear them for 8 - 9 hrs a day while working 5 days a week, yes, that would drive me batty.  I feel so sorry for those that do.  

Someone I know who got their first Moderna shot just came down with covid-19.  He has mild symptoms for the time being.  In light of the fact that the 2nd shot will also not prevent illness or spread is so disappointing.  I think people are dreaming who think we will not always have covid in our lives or that we will be able to put our masks away.  

Honored Contributor

I have a few masks that I bought when this nightmare began. I surely don't plan on buying any more, just making due with what I have. I HATE wearing a mask. Woman Mad

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I have a few masks that I bought when this nightmare began. I surely don't plan on buying any more, just making due with what I have. I HATE wearing a mask. Woman Mad

@ID2 Those early ones that I purchased are way too thin, so I just wear them around the house during cleaning and especially during liter box scooping....can't believe all the liter I've changed or scooped without a face cover.  No more of that!