Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 That's why I only buy Ice Cream Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I sometimes have that experience when dining out.  Others food looks so good.

Respected Contributor

I had a talking to myself just yesterday about this subject.  I have a fridge full of food, and a big freezer full of stuff that I can't get one more thing into, not even a package of hot dogs.  Yet I just can't find anything that I want to eat.  I don't want to cook.  I swear that I won't buy anything but fruit until this stuff is reduced to a manageable amount.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I do the same thing @Anonymous032819 but today I went to Aldi, bought all my favorites & spent less than $20.00...now my goal is not to eat it all at once.

Esteemed Contributor

I spend a lot each week on groceries and there is never anything to eat. Just like cable 100s of channels and nothing to watch. 

Honored Contributor

When we were kids, we'd stand in front of an open fridge full of food and just stare until Mom or Dad yelled at us:  "Shut the door!"  Then my Dad would always make a remark every time and he would say something like:  "If you can't pick something out then you must not be truly hungry". That still rings in my head whenever I can't find anything to eat in my kitchen full of food...LOL!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

You are buying almost the same foods each week.  You are bored and tired  of your own menu.  You desire something different.  The question is what would be different for you to have and to cook that would interest you.

For the record people usually buy the same or similar items each week out of habit. However, to be honest, those items are always there each week, and the routine continues.  It is an eating merry-go-round.

It is the same for take-out food.  Will we order pizza, or chicken, or subs, or have Chinese, or a hamburger, or taco et cetera.

As for restaurants, we order what we usually enjoy and feel comfortable with.  We are sometimes afraid of ordering something new, paying the price for something we would rather not have had. We want what we think is our sure thing.

The situation is this.  You need to have someone invite you to their home for dinner and see what is on the menu and is being served to you.

The strange thing is there really seems to be nothing to just reach in an grab and eat and cook after spending all that money, and sadly, many times, what is there would be appealing if we really desired to make the darn meal.

Let me express my attitude.  I have a sign in my kitchen that states:

TODAY'S MENU IS TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

Didn't quite answer your question, now what are you buying that is going to be different?

Esteemed Contributor

Here's the thing, I don't buy the same thing every time I go grocery shopping.

As for restaurants, ever had dried/dehydrated bugs?

I have.

Ever had tongue sandwich?

I have.

Ever eaten fish eyes?

I have.

In other words, I already am an adventurous eater.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Image result for emoticon vomit

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I know what you mean, I can get home from grocery shopping and the next day I feel like there is nothing to eat!!!