Contributor

Why Does it Take SOOOOO Long Now?

I ordered a dress (Kim Gravel Slub) for a special event.  When I ordered it, the information provided said that it would be delivered well in time for my event.  That's the only reason I ordered the dress.  Now, I look at the "status" and it was just shipped today.  Very disappointing QVC. This is an on-going problem with QVC (for me at least)

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Does it Take SOOOOO Long Now?

Will you get the dress in time???  I don't think I would ever order anything from any shopping channel that I needed by a certain date.

I order very little from QVC but recently I did get a Stan Herman robe delivered in less than a week. 

Trusted Contributor

Posts like yours have kept me from buying items on QVC for quite a while.  I do a LOT of online ordering, and have not had delivery problems from Kohls, Macys, Amazon, Costco, Lands End,etc.  I realize the shipping woes in our country right now...blah, blah, blah, but other companies can somehow deliver in a timely manner.  I simply do not have the patience, nor do I think that I should have the patience for it.

Respected Contributor

It usually takes my QVC orders to arrive than others like Target, Amazon, etc.  But I recently ordered something from a place in NJ to be shipped to my MIL house which is also in NJ.  It's just one county over.  I was told when I placed the order it will arrive in 2-3 days.  It didn't.  I drove from GA to PA (700 plus miles) then from PA to NJ.  Then South Jersey to North Jersey.  Went to PA again and back to NJ and it still wasn't delivered.  It took 10 days.  10 days isn't so bad for me, it's just that I was told 2-3 days and it was just the next county over and then compare it to all the miles we put it.  Geeze.

Honored Contributor

I suspect the Q has negotiated a lower rate by choosing stand by shipping, it's the only explanation for orders from other companies arriving  in a reasonable length of time while Q deliveries take weeks.

Valued Contributor

It  seems like a big part of the problem is on the front end....at QVC.  I know they had a fire at a warehouse, and many many places are having trouble getting and keeping an

adequate workforce, but I recently ordered some Lock N Lock containers on  8/3 and 

they were "preparing my order" for 5 days before it was shipped on 8/8.

According to tracking it is now at my post office and will arrive tomorrow.

The delay isn't in the shipping end of things!

Honored Contributor

I needed a new outfit recently at short notice and I decided that ordering it from my usual online sources could take too long.

I found something local that showed up as in stock, ordered it in my size, and then went and picked it up. I don't like cutting those things close when there is an event. Too stressful.

I don't think that ordering from QVC when you have a tight timeframe is the best idea. I'd say at the very least have a workable Plan B ready in case something goes wrong.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

It's been hit or miss with my recent orders, few that they are now.  Sometimes they get shipped immediately and others take weeks to get out and then get to me.

Honored Contributor

I find it differs between items.  Some I get before EDD, some on time, and some later.  I know ahead of time and put no stock in depending on it arriving for a certain date.

Contributor

No, unfortunately I won't get it in time, but it looks like it will be a nice dress.