Honored Contributor

One opened near me last summer.  I went in just to look around and, of course bought a few things.  When I get to the counter, the cashier saw me getting reading to cash a check.  She apologized and said they had a no check policy because they didn't have Telecheck yet.  I put 3 items back

I looked in my wallet to pay for what I could in cash.  The cashier proceeded to take what looked like a chart of some kind for her to fill out.  She told me thay she could authorize me to get one of my items free and half price for another one.  I chose 2 things that helped me pay with the cash that I had.  BTW, there was no one else in line to see this.

She made my day cause she was so nice when she didn't have to be.  I planned on going there again but so far I haven't.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Over-priced all the way around. BUT, I do enjoy scoping out the vitamins, beauty lotions and potions aisle!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Hooty   You really need to check out the store for yourself and comparison shop.

Whole Foods has its own brand called 365 and some items in that brand are organic and some are not.

We have found their 365 brand very comparable to the other only major grocery store in our area, and some organic canned goods are actually cheaper.

We shop there although it's just the two of us.  I find their meats much better and produce can be organic or not-depends upon what you like.

And the "whole paycheck" is so yesterday.   Really.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Hooty

I think you need to just check it out and see what they have.  Depends if you are prone to cooking from scratch or like to buy things already prepared.  They have a terrific deli with all sorts of salads and prepared foods you could get for take out.    The bakery is nice but I'm not a pastry and dessert person.

Personally, I love the hot food bar and stop at one nearby just to get a sampling of hot foods for breakfast on the weekend.   It will depend on how large the store is .... if it's a big store, there will be more depth and variety of products.

Some things are overpriced, but not everything.   I also like the wide variety of cheeses they carry .... and when truffles are in season, their truffle cheese is to die for!

I agree.  They have a great selection of cheeses and I sometimes stop at their salad and hot food bar.  You can also get a rotisserie chicken (or half a chicken) -- granted Costco has the best deal on that but that isn't anywhere near as close or convenient.

Not everything is that expensive.  I was getting almond milk there for awhile and it was cheaper than Trader Joe's (however they just raised the price).  And you can get things on special too that are reasonable.  I've had excellent strawberries and raspberries that often are on sale.  You just have to know how to shop and decide what is worth spending a little more on.

Honored Contributor

I shop there regularly, mainly for organic produce, spices, canned goods, local milk, yogurt, and beer. I also really like their caprese sandwich in the deli. I also like to peruse their makeup and body care products. I know some think it is expensive but I personally do not. Not cheap but not expensvie either. I like that they carry alot of local goods too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like it for several reasons.  I can buy essential oils, and other bath/beauty products and  they have a wonderful bakery and their salad bar and hot food bar are great.  The have beautiful fresh flowers but quite pricey and so are the organic fruits & veggies but they also carry standard fruits and veggies.  You will find what you like.  I do not do regular grocery shopping there as it is too expensive.  Oh, the meat/fish section is also very good.Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I almost feel silly saying this but we love their 365 brand whole milk sour cream.  I know but it's true.  Their milk is very reasonable in my area too.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I love the store but it's 12 miles from us...wish they would build one closer. Hence, I only go twice a month and mainly for produce and items I can't get elsewhere/closer. I also wish they would put out a circular in our local Wednesday paper like all the other grocery stores do in our area so I can better pick the weeks to go based upon sales.

I also find it's fun shopping there Smiley Happy

Me too!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

I love the store but it's 12 miles from us...wish they would build one closer. Hence, I only go twice a month and mainly for produce and items I can't get elsewhere/closer. I also wish they would put out a circular in our local Wednesday paper like all the other grocery stores do in our area so I can better pick the weeks to go based upon sales.

Me too!

@HappyDaze  They also need to bottle and sell the scent in the air at Whole Foods...just the perfect combo of herbs (it smells like to me...lol)...

Maybe they can make a candle that scent! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise I'm pretty sure you can find their weekly flyer online.  I  know they have an app now for coupons and other deals. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh