Respected Contributor

Re: Who's in the Path of the Winter Storm?

I've never had the experience of seeing such a storm, but I would like to see it if I could be inside, safe and comfortable. I worry about family members who might lose power..

Respected Contributor

When I woke up this morning there was about an inch of snow on the lawn and a glazing of ice on the sidewalks and roads. When I turned on the news, I was surprised to see fairly deep snow on the beach at Ocean City, MD. Everyone stay safe!

Valued Contributor

My daughters live in the Baltimore area and said it has been pretty bad.  We were there for Christmas and it was not cold at all and that is what we wanted, cold.  Luckily it is Sat. and all can stay home safe.  Sunday all can watch the games and stay indoors.

Respected Contributor

Good morning gertrudecloset.

We were expected to have 2 feet of snow but now they are saying 28 inches plus. There are white out conditions and the snow is falling at an alrming rate.

Our lights are flickering and as we've lost power in every major recent storm, will likely do so today.

I hope everyone is safe and warm.

I cannot wait until Spring...

Esteemed Contributor

@DSD2 I hope your power stays on.  Losing power is the worst.

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@DSD2 I hope your power stays on.  Losing power is the worst.

Thank you Snoopp - fingers crossed!

Trusted Contributor

@DSD2  I'm north of Boston and my lights have flickered a couple of times.  Really praying the power stays on for all of us!  I can deal with losing power in the summer, but not the winter.  

Hope everyone stays safe and warm! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to stay in my bedroom by the tv until the snow stops.  It's 15 degrees outside....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@DSD2 4 more inches than 2 feet.  Don't forget about the wind drifts that make you feel you're looking at mountains of snow.  Lots of drifts where I am.  It's not supposed to stop until about 4:00p.m.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@DSD2  I'm north of Boston and my lights have flickered a couple of times.  Really praying the power stays on for all of us!  I can deal with losing power in the summer, but not the winter.  

Hope everyone stays safe and warm! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I am TOTALLY with you LdyBugz. Being hot is one thing but being cold when no amount of blankets seem to be able to warm you is much worse. My power is hanging in there for now (I'm south of Boston) but the storm is escalating. Hope you and everyone retains their power.