Respected Contributor

Re: Who's in the Path of the Winter Storm?

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@DSD2 4 more inches than 2 feet.  Don't forget about the wind drifts that make you feel you're looking at mountains of snow.  Lots of drifts where I am.  It's not supposed to stop until about 4:00p.m.

gertrudecloset, it's so bad I am fighting to take my fur daughter out. She was a rescue from much warmer weather and doesn't understand the concept of snow...

Esteemed Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@DSD2 4 more inches than 2 feet.  Don't forget about the wind drifts that make you feel you're looking at mountains of snow.  Lots of drifts where I am.  It's not supposed to stop until about 4:00p.m.

gertrudecloset, it's so bad I am fighting to take my fur daughter out. She was a rescue from much warmer weather and doesn't understand the concept of snow...

Oh my.  Do you think it's safe to take her?  My neighbor has a pure bred Siberian Husky.  Beautiful all white dog.  I don't know how they manage with her in the Summer but she's out there having a ball right now @DSD2 .

Boston is probably colder than New York.  LOL

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@DSD2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Oh my.  Do you think it's safe to take her?  My neighbor has a pure bred Siberian Husky.  Beautiful all white dog.  I don't know how they manage with her in the Summer but she's out there having a ball right now @DSD2 .

Yes, she she will be fine. She'd just rather be inside. Now that I mention it, so would I!

Esteemed Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@DSD2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Yes, she she will be fine. She'd just rather be inside. Now that I mention it, so would I!

Then do it.  I'm usually doing something else on a Saturday than being on the boards a lot lately.  But it is cold and am waiting for a couple of movies to watch on Lifetime Movie Network @DSD2 .

Stay warm, stay safe.

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@DSD2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@DSD2 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Then do it.  I'm usually doing something else on a Saturday than being on the boards a lot lately.  But it is cold and am waiting for a couple of movies to watch on Lifetime Movie Network @DSD2 .

Stay warm, stay safe.

You too!!

Honored Contributor

OMGosh.......I just ran across a TV channel titled FOX Weather, which I hadn't realized that I have this channel.

Boston and much of the rest of MA, and even New Jersey, etc.

Hoping and wishing that the power outages won't continue.

And wishing everyone and their pets, animals in this artic blast will be safe. 

The best of luck to all.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The  wind was  just awful here,65 mile per hour, drifting snow,so cold , 2 ft .of snow.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I live in Nassau County, NY and got about a foot of snow. Spent a good part of the afternoon shoveling out my car, doing the sidewalk, and both the porch and backyard deck. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I live in Nassau County, NY and got about a foot of snow. Spent a good part of the afternoon shoveling out my car, doing the sidewalk, and both the porch and backyard deck. 

I do not shovel my backyard.  No, no, no.  I do have some guys who will do part of the driveway and in front of house and steps.  The most important part is the sidewalk because of the laws for not clearing it.  

Trusted Contributor

We are in North Texas and are on the southern end of the same cold front that is stretching a ll the way up to NY. Right now we have heavy sleet and it is 30 degrees. Will go down to 20 and stay below freezing until Sunday.  O s ow. Just lots of ice. Hoping we have no power outages.