Honored Contributor

Re: Who is your pick to replace Matt Lauer on Today Show?

@ncascade wrote:

DH suggests Bill O'Reilly.

I’m sure Mr Ego is trying his best to get the gig.

Respected Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

They are trying to get RID of harassers, not hire them.

Respected Contributor

@sarnrse wrote:

All of those anchors are tremendously overpaid.  They aren't doing their own research - all they do is read some underlings research.

I always liked Chris Hansen, especially when he did those "Catch a Predator" shows.

@sarnrse

I like Chris Hansen too!!  He still does some of the ID shows (Investigation Discovery).

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Never watch daytime TV (e.g. Today, Live w/Kelly) except forced to when waiting in a doctor's office.  Do viewers realize how much time is wasted sitting through all of those commercials.  I know networks have to pay for their airtime.  

No, but wait, it's not to pay for airtime, it's to pay these Today Show hosts $20 million plus.  So you're wasting your precious time while these talking heads are living the high life.

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  That would stop me from watching.  If they all keep getting called out for alleged improper actions there won't be many choices, will there?

Honored Contributor

Sea Breeze: We HATE the TVs on at a doc's office. If we are the only ones in the waiting room we turn it off.

Also it has been a long time since we have watched the Today show (20 or so years). We really wouldn't care who replaces ML. DH was just kidding!

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Esteemed Contributor

The Pope 

Esteemed Contributor

It would be poetic justice for Anne Currie to take his place. I don't watch Today, but I'd probably start watching just to see that happen.

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Sea Breeze: We HATE the TVs on at a doc's office. If we are the only ones in the waiting room we turn it off.

Also it has been a long time since we have watched the Today show (20 or so years). We really wouldn't care who replaces ML. DH was just kidding!

I like the Today Show and would much prefer the Today Show vs. The Price is Right...ugggh

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"