Respected Contributor
I love going out shopping Black Friday weekend, starting Thursday night. Got several great deals in Macy's. Haven't bought anything ftom QVC. In fact, they are quite a turn off. They are showing the same things over and over, there are better deals elsewhere, their hosts are full of more cr@p thsn a Thanksgiving turkey and it's not the dreadful madhouse at the malls that they are making it out to be.
Honored Contributor

I think it's just the same old complainers complaining. I'm not buying less. Most QVC customers don't post on the boards anyway, and clearly there are many people that don't actually shop QVC that do post here. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor
If the QVC business model works for you then that is fabulous....clearly as I mentioned earlier it works for many many others. I like the forum though, it is a pastime for me. I wonder what amount people have to spend and buy here to fit in with others???? Lol......if QVC meets all your needs that is just wonderful it doesn't meet all mine not can I afford to just randomly buy things I like.....I purchased 13 items this year so I am a customer just not a QVC groupie I guess....you know what I mean? "All things Q, all day, everyday".....I sometimes chuckle at people who obviously frown upon others for shopping elsewhere....too funny to me
Honored Contributor

Re: Who is really buying?

[ Edited ]

Who's frowing on people shopping elsewhere? I spend more money on Amazon than at QVC. I do shop at QVC though and pretty regularly. My point was about the whining that is so rampant by certain posters that freely state they don't shop here.  Obviously the comment doesn't apply to people that do shop QVC, so I'm not sure why you bothered. 

There are lots of places I don't shop, such as HSN. But I wouldn't be going to their forums and whining about it. 

Trusted Contributor
Yeah there are lots of whiners on here....oh and yes, people are frowned upon on this forum for petty things....there are a few posters on here who troll the board looking for an opportunity to pounce on others....I mean someone actually posted they didn't believe me on this thread and also made a comment that I was bragging for shopping and getting a bargain elsewhere and tried to shame me for doing so. I suppose that person doesn't have to worry about how they pay things....they must be blessed financially to not have to worry how much they spend.
Honored Contributor

Re: Who is really buying?

[ Edited ]

Just try and ignore them. I do wish we still had the ignore feature but we don't. I can't believe someone would infer you were lying about getting a bargain, but people are wierd. Commuity Chat does seem to have the worst of it. We post about bargains all the time on Handbags and Beauty. 

Have a great weekend. 

Valued Contributor

Me too!

flying flag.png

That's how we roll in the shire..
Trusted Contributor
I usually ignore most things I read on here and yes, I wish there was an ignore button! I still enjoy the forum most of the time....sometimes I have some time to kill and I enjoy the banter.....

So, I had mentioned that even if I wanted to buy here for my son, I simply couldn't, the Q doesn't offer any of the items I bought for my son. He needs clothes and shoes....he is 21.....not a whole lot available for that demographic at the Q.