Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is in the path of the pending NE snow storm?

Heard in the grocery store that they downgraded it today - starting at 2pm Sat and groing thru Sun am - only between 2-4" - in central MA.

Valued Contributor

1. I'm in the NYC area.  The prevailing guess is that we could get up to a foot of snow.  I'm not too concerned about it.  We've had worse storms in recent years, and I'll never forget getting clobbered by 17 storms up here in the circa 1993-94 winter season.  Washington DC, Virginia, and the Appalachians look like they will bear the brunt and could get as much as 3 feet which would obviously be crippling and dangerous.  Stay safe everyone.
Trusted Contributor

We are.  Northern Virginia suburb of DC. Latest predictions this morning - all channels here 2 feet, starting Friday late afternoon.  UGH.  We were scheduled to fly out for St. Maarten for a couple of weeks Saturday morning.  Fortunately, my office was very nice about letting me add an extra day (I will be gone a long time now) and husband was able to change flights to Friday - last 2 seats on any of the 3 flights scheduled.  Lucky!  Now the folks that are on the island won't be able to leave there Saturday either!  We'll see how this works out. He's looking for a place to stay Friday night now - hopefully he will be able to find something.  We are lucky it all worked out - or we would have been sitting at home until Wednesday or Thursday with that much snow - 2 feet!!  Wow. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 1.5 hours south of DC - we will probably be getting at least a foot but the meteorologists have said they are not willing to show predictions until the models stabilize somewhat.  They figure that might be about 6pm tonnight.  There's a US model and the European one  - one shows the bullseye as DC and the other shows it south of that.  The one showing south of DC - they are not saying if that means my area or down near the NC border. 

The news did say that bc the temps won't be dangerous and at least in my area Sunday is expected to be about 42, this was downgraded to a nuisance storm - will mess things up for about 2 days.  Power outages are another issue though due to expected high winds.

Honored Contributor

Now it looks like 6-24. Still to early to tell. We are supposed to be in Manhattan Saturday night, but I think that will not be happening.

Honored Contributor

I'm in Ohio on the lake, about 35 miles west of Cleveland.  We aren't supposed to get anything, not even flurries.  I just checked because I've not heard our local news say anything.  We are supposed to get under 1" today and that's it until mid-week next week.

Honored Contributor

@sim2222 wrote:

I am in CT.  They arent sure yet.  We could get 2 inchwes or 2 feet!  I'll take the 2 inches as I am in a walking boot for my ankle!  Going grocery shipping today just in case!

Same for NJ.  Unfortunately we have a flight out of Newark Saturday morning.

@sim2222

Sorry to read about your ankle.  I broke mine a few winters ago and it still gives me grief.

Honored Contributor

In DC - my weather app now says Friday should get 3-6" with heavy snow from about 4pm on - into Saturday all day, with an additional 13-20 inches. 

Esteemed Contributor

NE Ohio here.....latest is we will probably not see any of it.....but it isn't here yet....

Honored Contributor

I'm in Central NJ and all I've been hearing on the radio this morning is double digits, but no actual number.  

Well, that could be anything from 10 to 99 inches!