Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is getting tired of this,staying home?

I walk around the community every morning - hearing the sounds of nature is wonderful. Then later I take my furry out for a short walk. Besides that, I have been quilting up a storm, lol. Have 3 quilt tops done and I'm putting binding on my granddaughter's birthday quilt this weekend.

Not tired of staying in at all, plus its getting hot here.

Respected Contributor

This was on the local news a short while ago. A little girl asked a police officer if he could please put Corona virus in jail.  Soo cute. If only it were that easy.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind staying home, it is my favorite place to be.  My issue is that DH has been working from home for 2 weeks and I do not have an end date to look forward to 😊.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest, as it gets somewhat trying for you to stay in and not have your usual contacts and interactions, maybe try thinking about what you are doing and how it is for the good of the country.  There is a movement around here  of #patriot.  People are posting pictures of sitting at home or whatever but talking about how they are doing their patriotic duty to protect others.  

Think about what sacrifices that older generations made during the depression and WWII.  We can do this.  Hang in there! 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

IMO,  It's great to have a little solitary time to think about ....  whatever.   Catch up on reading,  binge watch some show,  record movies coming up and  try a new recipe .... or finish some project you never had the time for.   You don't need people around 24/7   .... it's hard to re-grounp with people and chatter going on all the time.   Enjoy the silence. JMO   

Mask  Mask   Mask   

Valued Contributor

i am not trying to be mean, but i don't get it. when i use to work in corporate america, people were always saying that they couldn't wait to go home or 'get outta this place or building'. now people are home (most are at least right now, still getting their full check) but are bugging out.

do people these days really like getting up early in the morning, driving and possibly sitting in traffic, praying there is no accident, having to shove lunch down in an hour, sit in awful meetings, etc, etc?

maybe it's different because you were ordered to go home and had no choice or say in the matter.

i say that because i quit and worked for myself, at home, so that i could have control over my life ! ! !

life could be way worse.

for starters, you should be grateful that you have a home to be in and that you haven't gotten the virus. there is nothing stopping you from getting in your car and going for a drive. just don't get out of the car and mingle.

if you really need to 'see' someone in person, call a friend, both of you make a lunch and meet up at a park or someplace scenic and just stay in your cars, call each other on the phone while you're eating and talk about stupid stuff, as i like to call it.

Honored Contributor

I have my moments of being stir crazy, but I'd rather be here than in the hospital.  I have hobbies to entertain myself.

I have food, roof over my head, a car, and so many things to be thankful for, I am retired so it's not really an adjustment for us for the most part and it may be raining, but people are out walking their dogs and themselves.  Time to count the blessings.  This too will pass.  

Respected Contributor

People who don't want to stay at home most of the time, not have anywhere they need to be,  and not have things they need to do every day of the week should .............NOT ever retire!

Now that this highy technical psychoanalysis clears up which kind of person you are, enjoy your days any way that you can and  still remain healthy !!

Super Contributor

I'm on the fence. I don't mind being home as I am fortunate to be able to work from home when needed before this began. My employer began this on March 13th. The first 2 weeks have been dragging. I think just getting used to the new normal. I've been lazy these first couple weeks. No gym to go to, meeting friends and family, no TJ Maxx open to browse thru, no church services to attend. All something to look forward to! My goal is to get out on the walking trails at least 3x a week to replace my gym. Another goal is to do my closet, moving up the spring clothes. Then it's on to my kitchen cabinets.

I have been watching more tv, more QVC, and shopping online for items I've been eyeing and see they are on sale now. Can't totally stop everything otherwise there'll be nothing to go back to. Looking forward to our annual trip to Sarasota in 6 weeks but I think that's not going to happen to be honest. I'll give it a couple more weeks and hopefully reschedule.

Hope everyone stays well and safe!

Honored Contributor

It's frustrating for me.  But I'm glad I'm employeed and safe at thome.