Valued Contributor

Re: Who is getting tired of this,staying home?

I'm very excited to have a "play date" with my Mom tomorrow. I'll drive over to her house, walk around to the backyard, and we'll sit and chat ten feet apart out in the fresh air and sun. I'll do a few things to my Dad's garden to help him out while I'm there, and my Mom will stay out there keeping me company.

I'm so looking forward to this, it's almost silly lol. I've missed seeing my parents and wish I could see my Dad at the same time. He's having trouble with social distancing with family (he wants to give a big hug when he sees you) and I can't risk that. I've been isolated since 3-12-20 and don't want to blow all that time now. He won't be home tomorrow so I picked that time so as not to hurt his feelings.

(would be nice to have a hug from my Dad though)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

LOL!! @SharkE 

Honored Contributor

Definitely!!!  Although I try to go out every day for 30 to 45 minutes.  On days I don't I get depressed.  Now our mayor, rightly so, is restricting where we can walk.  IMO after this is over, there will be many people with mental issues.  I hope I'm not one!!!

Valued Contributor

I love being at home. It is my safe place. As long as I can get groceries delivered I'm happy as can be. I cook, clean a little, work in my garden, watch TV. LOVE IT. 

Honored Contributor

Are you in a position of being able to get outside for a walk, @goldensrbest, or to take a short drive?

I'm a bit stir crazy but doing okay.  The dog stretched across my lap helps me a great deal.  He never fails to give me at least one laugh every day.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Prepared for this my whole life.q

Respected Contributor

Being stuck at home instead of out with people is starting to get to me.  When this first started, I was doing projects around the house and catching up on paperwork, reading, etc.  I have noticed tho that in the last couple days I don't feel like and don't want to do projects, etc. that I put on my "to do" list to get through this stuck at home period.  I am one who likes to be around people and now it is just me and DH.

I miss going to work especially (I like my work and the people I work with), going out to lunch, even just running errands.  I have been "home bound" since March 12 and I am now feeling the effects of it.  Sure hope it doesn't last much longer.

Esteemed Contributor

This is definitely testing us all in different ways. 🙏❤️😷🧻❤️💪

Honored Contributor

Being retired, I only leave the house once a week to go to the grocery store anyway....pretty much stay home, go for a dog walk...just DH and I....no kids, no social friends... so this really has not changed my lifestyle,too much....

OTHER  THAN small inconveniences like 

feeling worried about going to the store and picking up the virus....

not finding TPaper and kleenex...things I usually buy no problem....

not being able to go to the dentist etc...or something simple  like having my dogs nails clipped

BUT MOSTLY I AM 

feeling terribly sad for those people suffering right now... financially and health wise

and worried for the doctors and medical staff not having what they need to be safe.

Esteemed Contributor

My beagle is thrilled that my husband and I are home. She continues to bring us great joy. I am more than willing to stay home, reading, cooking, and watching TV.  Unless we all do our part, we will pay for our negligence. Don't succumb to happy talk in the absence of scientific evidence. We remain in this together.