Occasional Contributor

Re: Who do you think this singer is?

@threecees wrote:

@MissPea wrote:

@threecees wrote:

I saw this on Inside Edition last night.

She is only 43 years old. Why does she want to look so much older?

STRANGE!

This response is not directed at anyone in particular:

How old do y'all think she looks? She looks her age, which is 43, to me. I don't get the shade that's being thrown, and what's wrong with looking "old" anyway (not that Alanis does at all, IMO, unless 43 is the new old)?

I just joined this community and based on some of the responses on this topic (a totally fun topic), I wonder if ageism is a "thing" here. I truly hope not. I just ordered my first Diamonique ring from "the Q" and saw the Forums and Blogs thing at the bottom of the page so I figured a forum setting under the QVC umbrella would be pretty cool and accepting...

@MissPea

I am telling you my opinion. If you think she looks good for 43, then fine.

Let's move on.

And I was telling you mine. Plus, I quoted the last of similar responses, which just happened to be yours. No need for the snark. I specifically said that my opinion was aimed at no one in particular. Gee... Thanks. I'll make sure to never respond to anything that you post, 3cs. I feel so welcomed. Sorry I spoke.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

She was interviewed about the picture. I think it's for a role she is doing.

A role?  She's an actress now too?  

Occasional Contributor

I've seen her in one movie. She played "God" in the movie Dogma, RainyDayGirl. It's a really funny flick! 

Esteemed Contributor

Oy I was sure it was Toni Tenille!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I knew it was her because of her mouth/teeth.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MissPea wrote:

@threecees wrote:

@MissPea wrote:

@threecees wrote:

I saw this on Inside Edition last night.

She is only 43 years old. Why does she want to look so much older?

STRANGE!

This response is not directed at anyone in particular:

How old do y'all think she looks? She looks her age, which is 43, to me. I don't get the shade that's being thrown, and what's wrong with looking "old" anyway (not that Alanis does at all, IMO, unless 43 is the new old)?

I just joined this community and based on some of the responses on this topic (a totally fun topic), I wonder if ageism is a "thing" here. I truly hope not. I just ordered my first Diamonique ring from "the Q" and saw the Forums and Blogs thing at the bottom of the page so I figured a forum setting under the QVC umbrella would be pretty cool and accepting...

@MissPea

I am telling you my opinion. If you think she looks good for 43, then fine.

Let's move on.

And I was telling you mine. Plus, I quoted the last of similar responses, which just happened to be yours. No need for the snark. I specifically said that my opinion was aimed at no one in particular. Gee... Thanks. I'll make sure to never respond to anything that you post, 3cs. I feel so welcomed. Sorry I spoke.

@MissPea 

You come charging in as a newbie to this group and say you are not talking about any certain poster not agreeing to how you feel. Yet I get the notification because you

quoted my post.

I am familiar with Alanis and her music and she looks quite different and not her normal self in this picture. Probably for a role if she is into acting. I didn't research

her and why she now looks like this. I just responded to the question posted.

You wonder if ageism is a thing here. If you are not happy with the responses, keep in mind this is just for fun. You don't have to get so serious right from the start and upset

with us. You sound like you want to tear heads off. Try being a little bit more positive.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

She was interviewed about the picture. I think it's for a role she is doing.

A role?  She's an actress now too?  

Yep!

Not only in ‘Dogma’...but also in ‘Sex and The City’.

I’m sure other roles...not coming to mind.