Honored Contributor

Re: Whitey Bulger Killed In Prison

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Am I the only person in the country  who until today NEVER KNEW HE EVEN EXISTED? I watch the news all the time.  Never heard of him!🤔

@SeaMaiden.  He's from the Boston mafia and eluded law enforcement for a time, became an informant and continued with his life of crime along with and FBI agent. 

@proudlyfromNJ     I am just surprised that he is such big news and I never heard about him.... I guess when he was sent to prison I was not watching the news or something!  I usually watch news all day long>

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Am I the only person in the country  who until today NEVER KNEW HE EVEN EXISTED? I watch the news all the time.  Never heard of him!🤔

@SeaMaiden.  He's from the Boston mafia and eluded law enforcement for a time, became an informant and continued with his life of crime along with and FBI agent. 

@proudlyfromNJ     I am just surprised that he is such big news and I never heard about him.... I guess when he was sent to prison I was not watching the news or something!  I usually watch news all day long>

@SeaMaiden.  He was caught in Calif. I believe after living there for many years. 

Esteemed Contributor

How does someone get so bad?  Environment?  Association?  Lack of love or caring by others?  I understand he has a brother who is/was a politician...a different kind of criminal, to be sure.  But two brothers on totally different paths. How did that happen?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

sounds like someone was waiting for him!!

yes: karma!

@SweetieSugarPlumI think karma is just a word. Every day you see good people die and not-so-good people continue to live. There is no karma. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

For many years he was second behind Osama bin Laden on the FBI Top Ten wanted listed.  So his capture was a big deal and I am sure you saw it when it happened but it as been a while.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

How does someone get so bad?  Environment?  Association?  Lack of love or caring by others?  I understand he has a brother who is/was a politician...a different kind of criminal, to be sure.  But two brothers on totally different paths. How did that happen?

@esmerelda

Probably a combination of all of the questions you asked.

As far as his 'career politician' brother, he was in contact with Whitey for the entire time he was on the FBI's 'most wanted' list, #2 after Osama Bin Laden.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

No surprise here.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

When involved in gangs,and mafia, you are always at risk, no big loss with this guy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

From the NY Post citing the Boston Globe:

"Infamous Boston gangster James “Whitey” Bulger was killed Tuesday, shortly after being transferred to a federal prison in West Virginia, a law enforcement source told The Post.

A fellow inmate with Mafia ties is under investigation in the slaying at the Hazelton federal penitentiary in Bruceton Mills." 

The article continues - check the website.

OK, I'm not new to the world but I don't remember him.  I know I've heard the name but don't know what he did.  Of course I know what a gangster is but tell me about him. 

Google him.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I wonder how they know he was killed vs. died a natural death.  After all, he was 89 and found unresponsive by prison authorities.

Cause he was beat to a pulp.