Esteemed Contributor

White Rino Shot At Florida Drive Thru Gator..

and safari park.  The white rino had been delivered 24 hrs, before it was shot and killed.  This happened last September.  I guess it just came to light.

The owner said the rino was "acting very wild". You mean like the wild animal it was?  Evidently it was agressive and trying to get out of it's enclsoure.

If you are getting a one ton armored tank on 4 legs you might want to make sure you can contain it not only for people's safety but the animal's.

Reports were they quickly buried it so it could not seen by an helicopters flying over.

That poor animal died due to human stupidity.  

The owner said they want folks to have an unforgetable everglades experience. Last I knew rinos are not native to the everglades.

Respected Contributor

Re: White Rino Shot At Florida Drive Thru Gator..

FOR SHAME.

The park should be fined and/or shut down.

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper   From what I read no action will be taken against the park.

Respected Contributor

This makes me sick, but much does these days. Another example of human insensitivity and ignorance. They should face huge fines for not having a proper, safe enclosure, for this endangered animal, with someone knowledgeable about safety management. 

Honored Contributor

Human stupidity, you are right on the mark, CrazyKittyLvr2.  This angers and upsets me because this animal shouldn't have been delivered to this so called park but left in the wild where it belongs. The park should be held accountable for this cruel act but I am not surprised it hasn't been and I will leave it at that.  Obviously animal cruelty is covered up in many places.   I hope that all involved will receive their just punishment at some point in time.

Esteemed Contributor

We went on African safaris in January 2020.  Best trip ever - came home to the world falling apart, but I digress.  Rhinos are nasty.  The safari guides (who did not have guns) told of stories of being chased by Rhinos. They are huge and can run fairly fast for a short time.  It was a bit scary getting so close to them.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I have no words to describes how much this infuriates me.  Human stupidity at its worst. I believe that as of a year or two ago there are none left in the wild.  Extinct because of humans; it's disgraceful and unforgivable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they are getting away with this because the southern white rhino sub species is not classified as endangered. It is classified as near threatened. 

The other sub species, the northern white rhino is critically endangered and almost extinct.  

I'm still suprised that there's no action being taken. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

This makes me sick, but much does these days. Another example of human insensitivity and ignorance. They should face huge fines for not having a proper, safe enclosure, for this endangered animal, with someone knowledgeable about safety management. 

@BlueFinch @Your're completely right. I read that the enclosure they had wasn't working. They should have built the correct enclosure before they obtained the rhino. 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have no words to describes how much this infuriates me.  Human stupidity at its worst. I believe that as of a year or two ago there are none left in the wild.  Extinct because of humans; it's disgraceful and unforgivable.

@faeriemoon @The animal you speak of is the northern white rhino. It's almost extinct. The animal that was killed is the southern white rhino. It's near threatened. There are two sub species of white rhino. That's how these horrible people are getting away with this. It's sickening.