Honored Contributor

Where do you store batteries?

[ Edited ]

Where do you store your batteries?  Mine are in a plastic container and not sure if that is a good idea or not.

Dont keep alot around, and dont have a spare drawer in the kitchen.  Used to keep them

there before moving. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where do you store batteries?

I keep mine in the battery storage container from QVC.  Much easier than keeping them in the cardboard packaging they come in and they are all in one place.

Respected Contributor

I buy the AA and AAA in bulk (36 or 48 per box), so I just store them in the little plastic tray they come in and have them in my kitchen "junk" drawer.  The larger batteries, such as C and D, I have small trays that I've purchased that I keep them in.  Just make sure that if you have the 9 volt, that you store them so the ends don't touch or it could cause a fire. 

Similar to this (the small ones).  I purchased them at TJ Maxx in the kitchen area, but you can get them anywhere

71lgbvmQvgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

In a plastic battery storage box, which is then stored in an ottomon near one of my living room chairs, where I have books to read etc. Seems random, but all my battery operated candles are in my living room, so they are there, ready to use. I think a plastic container is fine.

Respected Contributor

Keep them in the packaging or store in a battery box...batteries shouldn't touch each other, it drains them. I have battery boxes I bought from Q.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the battery storage case thingy I got from QVC.  V36346.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

In their original bulk casing, for the most part, in a plant stand that looks like a light house, that has doors for storage in the front.

The lighthouse plant stand is cute and I think I got it for free when I worked in retail.  It had been used for display.  Right now there is a gorgeous sweetheart ivy growing in front of the window.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I keep mine in the packaging.  I buy them in bulk so I just remove the cardboard backing and flip over the little plastic containe, easy access.  I have them stored on a specific shelf in the basement.   I really should buy stock in batteries with all the flameless candles and lanterns I have!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In their original packaging placed in a shoe box which gets put inside a closet.

Many of my batteries are the rechargeable kind so those are stored in the chargers.

Valued Contributor

In a battery case purchased from QVC, one of the best purchase ever made from the Q!  I highly recommend that carrying case, I bought everyone in my family one a couple of years ago for Christmas and they love it as much as I do.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you