Respected Contributor

Where are those 1st Post Love It Threads

You know, maybe you have but I have never seen a new poster write I Just Love It thread.

We need some of those half full comments instead of half empty comments.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where are those 1st Post Love It Threads

[ Edited ]

I Just Love It!

Full half

---------------------------

Empty half

If you want to see fewer threads about complaints, why did you start this thread to complain about what kinds of threads people start?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

It's not odd or unusual.   I think consumers are much more driven to register a complaint or a grievance than to bestow praise.

Esteemed Contributor

We are a grievous society, aren't we? While I can be a mouthpiece😄 when something isn't right, I always take the time to thank people when something is right.

I leave glowing reviews online and have even called and requested the manager when I want to make certain they know the assets they have in their employees.

Esteemed Contributor

So I guess if a first time Poster has a problem, they should'nt complain. That's odd.

So only long time Posters should complain? That's odd. lol

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It's not odd or unusual.   I think consumers are much more driven to register a complaint or a grievance than to bestow praise.

@Johnnyeager 

Unfortunately that's very true, but I do go out of my way to praise where it is warranted and wish others would too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz ...Good for you. Heart  Many times I have contacted a supervisor to give praise for a job well done by an employee.  I personally know the great feeling one gets when after working hard on a project it is rewarded by a simple phone call or written note to your supervisor.  And it doesn't cost anything except a few minutes of our time, which I am sure we all can afford.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

It's funny you should mention this! This is no big deal in life but as you sd it was a positive thing. My husband and I had to find a new pizza place because the old one shut down from the Covid. We found one that we thought was very good. We ordered there 2 more times. One good and one really not good. Uncooked dough! I did call and was very polite and just sd maybe they need to watch closer when they cut it or something. My husband sd no more from there. We waited a few wks and I asked him if we should try again, We did and it was cooked perfectly. I called and the minute I sd my husband picked up our pizza I heard a sigh. I told her it was made perfect. We loved it. The woman I spoke to said thank you soooo much for calling. She went on to say it made their whole day and that no one ever called to compliment them. Now as a habit when something is done "perfectly" I call and tell them/whoever I am dealing with or write to them and tell them. It is appreciated and I always get a nice comment or note back. With life as its been "crappy" for 2 years I have found it is the simple, little things that make people so happy! I always tell my doctor how much I appreciate her when I see her...it only takes a minute! nd it makes her very happy too...
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

We are a grievous society, aren't we? While I can be a mouthpiece😄 when something isn't right, I always take the time to thank people when something is right.

I leave glowing reviews online and have even called and requested the manager when I want to make certain they know the assets they have in their employees.

@magicmoodz 

That's good to hear. I have made it a point to do that as far back as I can remember. Must have been something my mother instilled in me during the small number of decades I had her in my life.

There have been times that I wonder if I have a sign on me, others can see, but not me. Remember asking many co-workers "do I look like an information booth"?

Complaints, come to me I guess. Opinions/advice, come to me. Have found over my many decades of life, we are in a small minority. Many that complained to me, instead of going to the source? I gave my standard: "talk to someone that can do something about it, and that ain't me".

Kudos to you,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

👍 @magicmoodz !