Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the first places you will go when you can be out and around?

When it is safe to do so all I want to do is visit my Dad.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

First the other day, all I could think of was hitting the road and getting out of Dodge!! LOL

Then reality set in, and I realized, Michael's and Hobby Lobby would be more up my alley.

Honored Contributor

That so would have been my mom!! When she was well. LOL

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Just made a quick run to CVS where I bought 2 boxes of hair color.  I don't need to use it this week and I'm hoping I've given myself about 3 months until I'll feel like jumping off a cliff if the hairdressers can't re-open.   (Guess it's a good thing my part of Florida is so flat!)

@millieshops    🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@Twoaces wrote:
The San Diego Zoo Safari Park, where I volunteer. Then the hair and nail salon. Maybe you’ve seen the meme....We are all about 4 weeks away from knowing what everyone’s true hair color is. 😱 Stay safe, everyone!!

@Twoaces   Love the San Diego (& all zoos). Re true hair color: anyone who's let theirs go natural can tell you there are 50 shades of grey, then shades of lighter brown or reddish brown or blonde, etc. until it's all grown out. There are not only grey roots, but months of color washing/wearing off from all the years we dyed our hair. At one point, my friend who took it slow looked like a calico cat....cut her hair short & wore a grey wig for 6 months until transition was completed. 

Respected Contributor

I cancelled my trip to Scotland (2nd week in March) and I'm so happy I did that!

But when things _really_ settle down, I am going to Edinburgh. Delta let me "bank" my ticket instead of penalizing me, so I will just pay the difference involved in flying later in the year instead of in the slow season.

Obviously, this can't happen until the all-clear is called for foreign travel.

Honored Contributor

Rudy's Jazz Room in Nashville. I hope it will be able to reopen. Times are tight for all the gig musicians and the venues that support them.

They have a gofundme if you want to help them make it to the other side when they can reopen. I contributed a bit. It feels good to actually do something to help.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Outdoors for long walks and fresh air.   I know I can do that now, but I want to wait awhile.  

Trusted Contributor

I forgot to add catching up with neighbors and friends in person.Woman Happy

Contributor

Where do you live ??  My groomer no longer comes because she is pregnant.  Will need someone in about a month.