Super Contributor

Whenever this type of question comes up, my answer is always the same; back home to my beloved No. CA and Napa Valley. With covid now I'd still choose it with the greater bay area and more medical care options close by. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

And I'll be right there with you!:smileyhappy:

@Mersha   And I'll be right there with you!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Our friends have a cabin in Salida Colorado.

It's about a 9 hour drive from metro Dallas.

Friends have mentioned far west texas such as Big Bend but that is in the ElPaso area.

Red River NM had a message on their city page to please stay home. no hospitals. same for Ruidosa NM

Any thoughts about Maine, VT?

Interesting conversation: We have had the same thoughts about travel funds being spent on a long term lease. We are not thinking permanent relocation just a safe get away in leiu of vacation. 

Trusted Contributor

@KarenQVC You can't avoid the virus no matter where you go. It's everywhere. But if I were to take a year's lease anywhere in the continental US, I would pick Wyoming. There aren't a lot of people there and I am a true introvert.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@KarenQVC You can't avoid the virus no matter where you go. It's everywhere. But if I were to take a year's lease anywhere in the continental US, I would pick Wyoming. There aren't a lot of people there and I am a true introvert.

@Buffalogal47 

That was my choice.  Wyoming or Alaska.  For the same reasons.  Not that there are a lot of people in New Mexico, but the majority are here in Albuquerque.

I'm very close to hospitals here.  I work in one.

But I could use a change of scenery.  Maybe we could grab a bite in Sheridan or Casper. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

Whenever this type of question comes up, my answer is always the same; back home to my beloved No. CA and Napa Valley. With covid now I'd still choose it with the greater bay area and more medical care options close by. 

It is a beautiful area!😊

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

@faeriemoon 

Just noticed your quote at bottom of page! I love it and I believe it is true. Auto correct is usually incorrect!Woman Wink

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

I feel that I'm already in the safest and best place possible; I wouldn't leave this rural spot in WV.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I feel that I'm already in the safest and best place possible; I wouldn't leave this rural spot in WV.   

@RedTop 

I used to work with a nurse who grew up in West Virginia.  She had so many photographs.

So beautiful.  Shhhhhh.  Let's keep that to ourselves, shall we?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Since I live in MA, I'd stay right where I am.  Compared to  most of this country, New England is doing extremely well in terms of the virus and the Boston are has some of the best medical facilities, physicians and researchers in the world.  They know so much more about treating Covid 19 now that I do not think there is any chance that our hospitals will be over burdened.  Although they are making plans, just in case.