Respected Contributor

When winter weather is expected

When the first winter weather is expected in you area does you local news make a big "to do" about it?

We have three local TV channels. They all make such a big deal out of the first episode of freezing temperatures and hint of snow showers.  I just find it kind of comical.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When winter weather is expected

Here in Los Angeles rain is breaking news.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Yes!

Esteemed Contributor

YES THEY DO!!!!! .... I think the weatherman gets his “jollies” whenever he has to report a hurricane or severe snow storm .... they always look so hyper & happy when they have a storm to report 😂🤣

Honored Contributor

OMG YES!   And it’s because all of our local news and weather people are 20-35 years old and exaggerate everything!   There is only one weather girl I can stand to watch, and she works the 6 and 11 p.m. news Monday - Friday.

Respected Contributor

Yes, but we were in the 90s until the end of October, so it was a very welcome change.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

OMG YES!   And it’s because all of our local news and weather people are 20-35 years old and exaggerate everything!   There is only one weather girl I can stand to watch, and she works the 6 and 11 p.m. news Monday - Friday.

@RedTop   Ours is in his fifties and dances around and talks so fast you can’t understand him. That’s how excited he gets.

Respected Contributor

What makes their hoopla funnier, is this Sunday it is supposed to be 50 degrees again.

Honored Contributor

Omg, yes!   I'm in MA and every year, they act like this is the very first year we've ever had winter weather.  They already started.  All last week they were predicticing temperatures in the 30's....like that's something unheard of in November.  And then they predicted snow for the end of the week but that seems to have been wishful thinking, they aren't saying that now.  And when we do get that first few inches of snow, they will blather on and on and like we just had blizzard with 30 inches of snow...LOL   

Honored Contributor

I think its sort of fun. I like the hoopla