Honored Contributor

Re: When posting do you like?

I have some time on my hands or I wouldn't be checking out and posting here almost daily. I don't apologize for doing what I want with my time, I don't have to be busy to feel that I'm relevant. I like the hearts, lets people know their posts are being read and considered. I don't mind calling someone out with an @ or a quote if I really get ticked off at something or strongly agree and want to make a point.

Trusted Contributor

On hearts, I use them when I agree. I don't know if I hearted any trolls, but if someone says something I wouldn't say and they needed a thump on the head or brain duster then I'll heart a reply if I strongly agree with it. I don't like to be mean myself or hurt feelings, but some people posts comments that almost ask for it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_3377.GIF

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

IMG_3377.GIF

I like that @LTT1!

Honored Contributor

I heart posts to indicate that I agree with what was posted. I don't use @ nor do I respond to it. It seems overused and, really, nothing posted here is that important that a fellow poster needs a notification about it.

I never reply to a thread unless I have read every response. Seems rude to stop by, add one's opinion, while not bothering with the opinions of other posters. In essence, the poster is saying that their opinion is of value while those of others aren't worth their time.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@I heart posts to indicate that I agree with what was posted. I don't use @ nor do I respond to it. It seems overused and, really, nothing posted here is that important that a fellow poster needs a notification about it.

I never reply to a thread unless I have read every response. Seems rude to stop by, add one's opinion, while not bothering with the opinions of other posters. In essence, the poster is saying that their opinion is of value while those of others aren't worth their time.

@occasionalrain   ???  How would you know if a poster hasn't read the whole thread? 

Sometimes posters repeat what another poster said because they ignore certain posters-or do it on pupose.  LOL

Some threads are so long with repetitive posts and sometimes those darn quotes, which get lighter and lighter the longer they get, can make following the discussion a tad difficult.

Using the@ is just another conversation tool;  and I like it because, as I said earlier and I'm sure you read it,  I don't like to intentionally ignore somebody.

@I may skip an @ reponse here and there but it isn't intentional.  Sometimes I have just signed off.

The only posters who SEEM to think their posts are important are the ones who keep repeating themselves and/or get riled if another poster says the same thing or started a thread with the same topic.   LOL

@Use hearts, don't use hearts. use the @ feature or not- really not a big deal in RL.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

HowI know they haven't read the thread, they post that they haven't read it in their response. Sometimes it seems they didn't even read the entire OP since they seem not to have a clue what the OP is about.

Respected Contributor

I use the hearts the @ the emojis.

I use it all.

I am a one woman qvc command center.

I think I even took some orders.

I like when people mention me with the @

I get a little too overly happy going to see what they said.Smiley Embarassed

I really need to get a life.

Honored Contributor

It's nice there is something for everyone, a veritable smorgasbord of choices.