Honored Contributor

Re: When You Answer The Phone And No One Is There...

If I don't recognize the number I don't answer the phone.  I let the answering machine get it.  Most times no message is left.  If there is "unknown name" I definitely don't answer.  Too many telemarketers and/or scams.  Cat Mad

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I've already received 3 calls today and the day is young. 

One said Portland, MI

One Miami Fl

One Anaheim Ca

yesterday was Tampa Fl and Lombard IL

probably the Microsoft Windows Rogue Message Scam, after loosing my sheet on them numerous times, they still call.

Super Contributor

Those kind of calls are soooo anoying!

And don't get too hung up on the displayed 'calling from' info, that can be faked, scammers can even make it display your own number, lol! 

Honored Contributor

Has anybody else gotten the calls that say 'Illinois' where the name goes and the phone number says 847 384 9954?

I was getting these incessantly for a while.  The number is always the same and the name field always says 'Illinois'.

I don't know what this is but I Googled it and saw that others were getting it.  I picked up the phone the first time, but didn't say anything (in case it was a robocall - I didn't want to voice-activateit) and it just hung up.

But then it called me every hour for a while and then for several more days before I was able to totally block it (thank goodness!).

Honored Contributor

I get calls that say Pennsylvania and Florida.  The other calls are

Campbell, Ca

San Francisco, CA

and the biggest caller of them all??  HAYWARD, CA

I don't answer them, I report them to DoNotCall Registry.  And a couple weeks later they subside.  Then a month after that they start in again.

One strange call I see on my CID is, unknown Unknown.  It rings several times.  Ater 8 rings it stops.  Then barely 30 seconds later the Hayward number comes up.  This happens 3 times a day.  The number that follows the unknown/unknown is always the same!!  Does this happen to anyone else?