Respected Contributor

I cant imagine that there are cases here and are being kept quiet.Not with all the people tha would be inolved....

Honored Contributor

physicsnut said:

" Hush Hush is  what is happening  just like you don't hear anymore about all the foreclosures but there are plenty still happening..."

Do you actually believe that we could have the millions and millions of cases of Ebola in America which were predicted and it could all have been hushed up?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

physicsnut said:

" Hush Hush is  what is happening  just like you don't hear anymore about all the foreclosures but there are plenty still happening..."

Do you actually believe that we could have the millions and millions of cases of Ebola in America which were predicted and it could all have been hushed up?

Beyond bizarre isn't it.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Re: Whatever happened...

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Out of sight, out of mind. Without searching for stats, my guess is the disease is still rampant in Africa, and the medical people from the US who contracted it, have recovered, so the news has moved on to the latest crisis of the moment. I am fairly sure that the disease has not been wiped out. Perhaps they are working on a vaccine.  I don't know.

It's not rampant in Africa right now.

Honored Contributor

Last I heard, they had controlled it in the section of Africa where the outbreak that came to the US had been.

Then there was a small outbreak somewhere else which they quickly rushed to control.

Nothing major, apparently, and now there is a treatment.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I can't say what has happened with the disease itself. But I do think that the overblown fear-mongering regarding Ebola lasted through the last major political campaign and ended the day after the election.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Funny you should say this because, there was an article in todays newspaper that a new case has been found in (I forget where it started) Liberia?

A young boy has died of it and was buried by his family. So sad for his family.

It hasn't gone away and will always need to be watched.  Heard some tv show with someone who deals with things unusual.  He claimed e-bola was not of this earth/world, it was brought in from another form of life - alien lifeforms. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

My information is outdated probably, but Ebola has proven to be self-limiting because it kills its prey so effectively.  From my perspective, people who actually get this disease have come in close physical contact with the infected.  Washing linens, etc. (exchange of bodily fluids, of course).  I think the final decision must be that even by breathing in droplets, you can't get it unless the individual is in the dire phases of the disease process.

Don't know if more of the antibody has been manufactured, just in case, but I'd imagine so.

lovestoteach,

Was just thinking today that I had not seen you post in the new forums.  Glad to see you, enjoy your comments.

Hope you see this as I fear this topic is not long for this world.  : O (

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
"Health officials in Liberia on Thursday confirmed a third case of Ebola. These newly diagnosed cases come two months after the country was declared Ebola-free, and Liberia's government, the World Health Organization (WHO) and other relief organizations are bracing for another outbreak."
Newsweek
This week.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
It went the way of "bird flu,