Trusted Contributor

Re: What would **you** like for Mother's Day if you could have anything

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'd like to be pain free for just one day.  I am not complaining, I do not have any serious or life threatening illnesses and I am thankful for that.  However since my early 20's, I have a growing list of chronic pain conditions.  Whenever one is cured, another one takes it's place.  Chronic pain is a fact of my life.  I have lumbar spinal stenosis, now I suspect I have a cervical spine issues because I have neck and shoulder pain and some arm tingling.  My dry eye syndrome isn't responding well to the OTC drops, so my eyes are bothering me.  My pain is not overwhelming but it's chronic, I ignore it but it's always there.  I would just like one day where I could sit back and say.....wow nothing hurts today.     

Oh my, I'm so sorry for you and I can really sympathize because I have something similar. I don't think I've had a single days in the last 10 years when I haven't had to take pain medication.

Honored Contributor

To have my upcoming medical test show nothing is wrong. Not holding my breath though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'd like to be pain free for just one day.  I am not complaining, I do not have any serious or life threatening illnesses and I am thankful for that.  However since my early 20's, I have a growing list of chronic pain conditions.  Whenever one is cured, another one takes it's place.  Chronic pain is a fact of my life.  I have lumbar spinal stenosis, now I suspect I have a cervical spine issues because I have neck and shoulder pain and some arm tingling.  My dry eye syndrome isn't responding well to the OTC drops, so my eyes are bothering me.  My pain is not overwhelming but it's chronic, I ignore it but it's always there.  I would just like one day where I could sit back and say.....wow nothing hurts today.     

Oh my, I'm so sorry for you and I can really sympathize because I have something similar. I don't think I've had a single days in the last 10 years when I haven't had to take pain medication.

Somehow I am certain there are many, many posters here that live with chronic pain every day and have for many years of their lives and for some reason, never ever say a word to anybody.  They suffer in silence.  Probably more here than you could imagine.

Esteemed Contributor

For my mother to be here to spend the day with me & her now 26 yr old grandson.He was 6 when she passed. She adored him.She would be so proud of the young man he has become & of me, his mother!!

I miss you mom.My success as a mother is a direct result of the example you set!!