Contributor

Re: What would **you** like for Mother's Day if you could have anything

Have my husband back, even for one day and have a dinner with my Mom and Dad.  Otherwise I don't want a thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

To have my parents back for one more day.  A day of love and hugs and time with their grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.  

And a softening of people's hearts, love and kindness to others whenever possible.  And an end of hatred and war.  Care and help to all those in suffering.  I guess that would be heaven on earth.  

Esteemed Contributor

For my guinea pig to live as long as I do.  Heart   

I'm his mom, and he's my little buddy.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I would wish to have my dear mother back with us --- healthy and happy!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

For my husband to recover from his injuries and find a job. That's an awful lot to ask when we're both 60.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had my "Mother's Day" back in March when my girls gave me a surprise 80th birthday party.  Many family members and friends were there and I was humbled by the love given to me.

I do not want another big fuss for me on Sunday.  The weather is predicted to be stormy and rainy all day in this area.  I would rather my girls spend a peaceful day with their children.  I will call them and wish them a happy Mother's Day.  I am hopeful that my daughter whom I live with will get together with her two grown children.

My own wishes could never come true anyway.  My mother has been gone for over fifty years, as she lived to the age of only 49.  I'd like to spend the day quietly in remembrance of her and my beloved sister, who was a loving mom, and died seven years ago this coming August.

For all those who still have their precious mothers, I wish you all a happy day.  But this day is a sad one sometimes, as clearly indicated by most of the posts here.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

For my husband to recover from his injuries and find a job. That's an awful lot to ask when we're both 60.

@PilatesLover I very much hope you two get both.

Respected Contributor

Another hour with my mom and my uncle.

Trusted Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

My seven year old daughter alive again so I can hold her.

❤️❤️

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

My seven year old daughter alive again so I can hold her.

❤️❤️

@Karie2022@sarahpanda

Thanks to @Karie2022 for reposting Sunnyskies' tragic post.  Just the thought of losing a child burns a hole in my heart.  What's left of it goes out to you, Sunnyskies.  May you get through that day, dear lady.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986