Respected Contributor

Re: What would you do in this situation

I would assume they had hired someone in-house and were too rude to let me know the interview was cancelled.  This happened to me once.

It was an awful job anyway and I got a much better one very soon.  It would have been hard to make that job more awful--but they did by having their behavior match the preview.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

It is not a great match location wise and courtsey seems to have  gone by the way side these days

Well, I hope that you find something else. I do understand why you were upset. Sadly, you are right about courtesy these days. Take care and keep us posted on how things are going for you.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Wow are you an english teacher
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

WOW!!  There sure are some really rude off topic posts here!! 

Respected Contributor

Alrighty then...

Honored Contributor

Wow your post is really mean, I thought women are supposed to bring other up not tear them down

@KALLIE wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

I would have sent a polite email stating I had a phone interview scheduled at such and such time.

Stuff happens.  If I needed the job, I doubt I'd turn down an offer based on this one incident.

Maybe it's due to auto correct but, I have difficulty understanding the OP's posts.

Almost all her posts have spelling errors (patently, buneo, courtsey), using the wrong word (living), run-on sentences, and either NO punctuation or the WRONG punctuation.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good luck on your job search!
Honored Contributor

Did you ever return the contents of things you worked on with the previous company or did you keep them? I remember you were not sure or maybe it was others who suggested you return those contents back. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Courtesy has definitely gone by the wayside in many situations! We set up meetings with clients (in-person meetings)...they don't show, never call, and if they show up an hour or so late with no notice, act angry that we have moved on to the next appointment. And this happens often. Just because your appointment is at, say, 10: 00 a.m., it doesn't mean that we have cleared the whole day for you!

@I am still oxox -- I hope things work out for you!