Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do in this situation

I would have sent a polite email stating I had a phone interview scheduled at such and such time.

Stuff happens.  If I needed the job, I doubt I'd turn down an offer based on this one incident.

Maybe it's due to auto correct but, I have difficulty understanding the OP's posts.

Honored Contributor

If this phone interview is for a job at a company you desire to work with, than I would wait and also send a professional email reminder of your appointed time. 

If you can hold off until a better opportunity comes along I would do that. 

My DH experienced the same situation and unfortunately when the recruiter finally called the next day, the next week or even a lengthier time frame the phone interview was not professional nor did the recruiter ask pertinent questions.

When dealing with recruiters and companies, you may find the top companies hire the top recruiters and they are on top of hiring and more often than not call within a 15 minute range either way.

Good luck and I hope all goes well!

Respected Contributor

I meant to add that I would have called them, rather than sending an email. 

Honored Contributor

We all know how this looks (irresponsible, uncaring, onorganized, unprofessional) but we don't know what it really is.

Could be any of those things, OR it could be an oversight, an emergency with the business or the employee. It could be a misunderstanding on the part of the OP (wrote down the wrong date, etc.).

I guess I file the experience away in the back of my mind, and if I was to get to proceed further in the process of being hired with them, keep my eyes open to see if they don't tend to business any better than this in the next few encounters.

I wouldn't hesitate to contact the person or department I was to interview with, and ask why the interview was not done. Don't know if you don't ask.

Honored Contributor

I received an oh I forgot response, not a place I would want to work what so ever

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I received an oh I forgot response, not a place I would want to work what so ever

Well at least they were honest with you, sometimes appointments are forgotten.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Op - please don't take this wrong but are you as unclear in your speech as you are when you type here.? "to work what so ever"  Were you trying to say so whatever ? Like someone else said - I find it difficult to read your posts. I found I had to turn off the autocorrect because even though I am a bad typist I found my typing errors were easier to understand than the mistakes autocorrect made.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The was an employment interview, how could they expect someone to want to work for them

@Trinity11 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I was supposed to have an 11 30 am phone interview, 1130 came and went I sat here patently for 45 minutes. I was living, I then sent a polite email to the person.

I am a woman of my word, if I am not somewhere when I say I text or e mail that I will be late. Only excuse would be if she was in the ER otherwise -- no buneo

thanks all 

The same thing happened to me after I was hospitalized last year. It was regarding a new diagnosis and treatment plan. She never called and I waited around for hours. About a week later she phoned.....no apology.....no explanation. I was no longer interested in anything she had to say after that and told her I had an appointment.

Oh, I didn't realize that it was for a job.

That changes the playing field because the person who was supposed to interview you may have been caught up in something related to "work." Since this is a job interview, I think giving her another chance may be worth your while.......that is if you really think the job would be a good match.

Honored Contributor

It is not a great match location wise and courtsey seems to have  gone by the way side these days

@Trinity11 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

The was an employment interview, how could they expect someone to want to work for them

@Trinity11 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I was supposed to have an 11 30 am phone interview, 1130 came and went I sat here patently for 45 minutes. I was living, I then sent a polite email to the person.

I am a woman of my word, if I am not somewhere when I say I text or e mail that I will be late. Only excuse would be if she was in the ER otherwise -- no buneo

thanks all 

The same thing happened to me after I was hospitalized last year. It was regarding a new diagnosis and treatment plan. She never called and I waited around for hours. About a week later she phoned.....no apology.....no explanation. I was no longer interested in anything she had to say after that and told her I had an appointment.

Oh, I didn't realize that it was for a job.

That changes the playing field because the person who was supposed to interview you may have been caught up in something related to "work." Since this is a job interview, I think giving her another chance may be worth your while.......that is if you really think the job would be a good match.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

No sure what you do not understand, I am a college graduate with a Masters in graphics, this is a bulletin board, I made my original a bit clearer maybe you can understand it now 

@151949 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I received an : oh I forgot response, not a place I would want to work what so ever

Op - please don't take this wrong but are you as unclear in your speech as you are when you type here.? "to work what so ever"  Were you trying to say so whatever ? Like someone else said - I find it difficult to read your posts. I found I had to turn off the autocorrect because even though I am a bad typist I found my typing errors were easier to understand than the mistakes autocorrect made.