Honored Contributor

What was your worst ever date?

[ Edited ]

I was seeing a guy - a lawyer - who took me to his office Christmas party in a big downtown hotel.  Once we got there he just left me sitting there alone at a table full of people I did not know. They were nice folks and did talk to me and all , but I had no idea where my date was. Finally, I was walking around looking for him and found him & some girl making out in the coat room, on the floor. I stepped over them , found my coat and went home on the bus. What really upset me was I had spent money to get a really nice cocktail dress for that party. 

I had his keys in my coat pocket though and I took them with me when I left and threw them into a  trash bin on my way to the bus stop.

Honored Contributor

Re: What was your worst ever date?

I can't even talk about it..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN had a contest last year for customers to list their cheapest date on their blog. They were to announce the winner on The Monday Night Show with Adam Freeman.

Adam read 3 entries, one of which was mine.  Then at the end of the show announced I was the winning entry.  I won a $25 gift certificate.

I looked at the Monday night show winners thread to find when this was.  It lists the question and my answer:

Congratulations to the 10/19/15 winner, Vickie74!

We asked: What was the cheapest date you ever had?

You answered: Back in college my boyfriend asked if I'd like to go to the Symphony. I was surprised he'd want to go as that was not really the type of music he listened to. We went to an afternoon performance as we were poor college students. It wasn't until we got to the concert hall that I realized how poor.

Without telling me ahead of time, the only reason he took me there was because it was free. And why was it free? Because he had "volunteered" us to be ushers. Ushers at a venue I had never been at before.

The only upside was the music - Dvorak New World Symphony. It is one of my favorite pieces of music to this day despite how I was introduced to it.

Honored Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

HSN had a contest last year for customers to list their cheapest date on their blog. They were to announce the winner on The Monday Night Show with Adam Freeman.

Adam read 3 entries, one of which was mine.  Then at the end of the show announced I was the winning entry.  I won a $25 gift certificate.

I looked at the Monday night show winners thread to find when this was.  It lists the question and my answer:

You answered: Back in college my boyfriend asked if I'd like to go to the Symphony. I was surprised he'd want to go as that was not really the type of music he listened to. We went to an afternoon performance as we were poor college students. It wasn't until we got to the concert hall that I realized how poor.

Without telling me ahead of time, the only reason he took me there was because it was free. And why was it free? Because he had "volunteered" us to be ushers. Ushers at a venue I had never been at before.

The only upside was the music - Dvorak New World Symphony. It is one of my favorite pieces of music to this day despite how I was introduced to it.

LOL - heck I think yours is even worse than mine!

Honored Contributor

I went to an autopsy once on a "date" with a pathology resident when I was a student nurse. However, I had never seen an autopsy so I was very interested in it. 

Respected Contributor

I went out with a guy who I thought liked me - he was always nice, sweet etc and when he asked me to go with him to an informal jazz concert I said yes.  While sitting there with him, in walks a fellow he knows who walks up to him and asks hey how ya doing? My date's reply was "other than having to look at her profile all night, not bad." I remember looking straight ahead and feeling the skin on my face burn with embarrassment and humiliation.  I wanted to run but there was no where at that moment to go.  When the concert was over he took me home and nothing was said between us.  Eventually, I went to a doctor to ask how I could get my profile changed and was told there was nothing wrong with it.  Not a little ski slope but so what. Forever grateful to that doctor. My date called me a couple more times but I refused to see him and he finally stopped.  I think he just wanted someone he could taunt in public.  

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@vickie25 wrote:

LOL - heck I think yours is even worse than mine!

Yours was definitely worse.  At least my boyfriend only made out with me.  lol

Trusted Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I went out with a guy who I thought liked me - he was always nice, sweet etc and when he asked me to go with him to an informal jazz concert I said yes.  While sitting there with him, in walks a fellow he knows who walks up to him and asks hey how ya doing? My date's reply was "other than having to look at her profile all night, not bad." I remember looking straight ahead and feeling the skin on my face burn with embarrassment and humiliation.  I wanted to run but there was no where at that moment to go.  When the concert was over he took me home and nothing was said between us.  Eventually, I went to a doctor to ask how I could get my profile changed and was told there was nothing wrong with it.  Not a little ski slope but so what. Forever grateful to that doctor. My date called me a couple more times but I refused to see him and he finally stopped.  I think he just wanted someone he could taunt in public.  

That  was terribly mean of him to do that to you.  I am so sorry you had to go through that.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I went to an autopsy once on a "date" with a pathology resident when I was a student nurse. However, I had never seen an autopsy so I was very interested in it. 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW but, I bet you're the only one who will have had a date like that! LOL, that really was funny. Glad you were interested, I'd have passed out. LOLWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

My worst date, there really wasn't one. But my best one was when my husband and I started dating. I was truly happy. No other date measured up to what I wanted, since I knew what I wanted, so it really, "was me, not them".