Respected Contributor

Re: What type of music do you enjoy the most?

lol John...to me, heavy Metal IS real music...to each their own huh....

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

lol John...to me, heavy Metal IS real music...to each their own huh....

@fourpaws56.  Love AC/DC. I used to listen to "Highway to Hell" on the way to work at my last job. (It really wasn't, I was just in a hurry to retire) 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mom worked at a "easy listening" radio station....so we always had music playing at our house growing up so I like all kinds of music......

From pop artists of yesteryear -Sinartra, Dean Martin, Doris Day, Rosemary Clooney, Judy Garland, Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Johnny Mathis, Bobby Darrin, Tony Bennett, Andy Williams etc...they were my mom's favorites...as well as Broadway musicals....

Of course the 60's and British Invasion-Beatles, Motown....

And I like the BRITISH NEW WAVE of the 80's.............

Also Prince, U2, even Led Zepplin...........

Today-Michael Buble, Adele, Meghan Trainor, Johnny Legend, 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I enjoy most any genre of Real Music. I do not classify "heavy metal or rap" as Real Music. I have my own description of that stuff, and to me it ain't music.

Favorite's? Southern Gospel/Old Time Rock n Roll/ Country/ Patriotic and Marches, to name just a few.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

I so agree with you about Rap---can't stand it!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would be easier for me to respond as to what kind of music I don't like, as I love all genres and listen to everything from opera, classical to rock and roll, Motown, smooth jazz, and pop music from the 80s.  It stops there.  It all depends on what mood I am in.

I dislike extremely rap, hip hop, and anything of that ilk.  I simply do not describe that as music.

I do enjoy Bruno Mars, but he is criticized for not being up to date with his music.  I find him and his group to be rhythmic, excellent singers/dancers, and he is adorable.  I would love to see him live someday.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

I like A B C music....Anything But Country!

Me too!

I'll add Christian music and some gospel to the anything but category too.

Heavy metal is real music for me!🤘

Honored Contributor

50's,60's ,all time favorite, just no radio stations where i live that have it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Hard Rock and Classic Rock from the '70s and '80s.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Frequent Contributor

My musical tastes are mood-driven, however I really love The Beatles (group and individual endeavors) and all of the artists that fall under the British Invasion umbrella. 

I also like The Eagles and Beach Boys (mostly summer listening).

For relaxing/meditating, I drift toward Celtic tunes, and a favorite is The Lord of the Dance soundtrack.

Most recently, I've gotten into the music of Ramin Djawadi, who composed the main theme (and other compositions) for Game of Thrones, in addition to pianist Yiruma (I highly recommend "Kiss the Rain" and "River Flows in You").

In terms of traditional classical composers (I teach piano), I enjoy Rachmaninoff and Vivaldi.

Honored Contributor

@Lorelei1123

Rachmaninoff is my favorite, followed by Grieg and Debussy.  Who could not just love "Clare de Lune?"

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986