Honored Contributor

Re: What’s up with Bounty?

Several years ago we were at Sam's Club. A lady was giving out rolls of Sam's Club toilet paper. I said no thank you. The lady said "Just try it and compare it to what you are presently using. It is about 1/2 the price of Charmin". Made sense. So I took a roll. I could not believe how nice it was.

And I got to thinking , I was a name brand snob. Heinz - ketchup. Bounty - paper towel. Charmin - toilet paper. Tide - detergent. Dawn - dish detergent. Cascade - dishwasher detergent. I was so disappointed in the job Cascade was doing on my dishes. So why was I continuing to buy it?

I started to buy Sam's Club toilet paper. And am very pleased. I tried Finish diswasher detergent and no longer have to rewash about 1/4 of the dishes after I run the dishwasher.

I guess I fell for the advertising. I am so glad that I finally branched out to other brands.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We switched to Costco paper towels and TP and are really happy with the products.  

@Sooner  I agree!

Honored Contributor

I’ve noticed a change as well.  Less absorbent and scratchy. I too use the select a size so I’m not sure if that’s just unique to this style or not. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTopso are we.

Respected Contributor

I was just saying this to myself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D   Funny that you mention this.  I never purchased Bounty except for years ago but decided one day to try it.  I was not that impressed and did not feel they had the weight to really absorb. They really did feel on the cheap side.  I am sure corners were cut to change the towel.   I went back to my Sparkle brand.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I use Bounty Basic full size & I haven't noticed a change...I don't like the select a size.

Contributor

I don't use anything but Visa select -a- size. One third of a sheet is usually enough to wipe up a spill .They are soft enough to use as a tissue, and so strong that if they go through the washer and dryer by accident they don't shred.  You could actually reuse them. 

@MKR14 wrote:

We have noticed this the last few months also. We have a problem ripping off two at a time of the select a size. It always was perforated better before.

I don’t know what else to buy that would be softer and to wipe up a spill quickly.

We have used Bounty for probably as long as it has been out.

Visa makes a newer version which is more like Bounty but the original version is far superior.  ,

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

We buy the store brand at Costco and they work for our uses. Lots cheaper than bounty and other "name" brands.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Try Viva!  I used Bounty exclusively then some years ago I got a coupon for a free roll of Viva. I've been using Viva ever since.