Esteemed Contributor

Are you cooking and having family and friends over?  Will you be going to someone's house to eat or will you be on the forums chatting it up?

I stopped cooking large Thanskgiving meals when my youngest left the abode.  LOL.  I opted to do Christmas.  However, I will just be doing food for myself this year and my children both have other things going on with friends and significant others' families.

I'm good with that.  No rushing, no fuss, no muss.  I also have a sinus infection so I'm not in the mood to be rushed.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Re: What's For Dinner?

[ Edited ]

No fuss, no muss here too. We're going to a popular local Inn, its by the water, with a restaurant that does a huge Thanksgiving buffet, that we've been going to for over 10 years. (Not every year, sometimes it's been at a family or friend's home and we all made things to bring.) But the small group of us going, loves going to this place. Food is wonderful, atmosphere too, and we're waited on and no clean up. Sounds good to me. Thankful we are able to go.

My family has shrunk by a lot, and times have changed from the days my extended family did things. We've adjusted to the times and we really enjoy this.

Everyone have a blessed, grateful, relaxing day, however you spend it. 

Hope you feel better @gertrudecloset!

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb wrote:

No fuss, no muss here too. We're going to a popular local Inn, its by the water, with a restaurant that does a huge Thanksgiving buffet, that we've been going to for over 10 years. (Not every year, sometimes it's been at a family or friend's home and we all made things to bring.) But the small group of us going, loves going to this place. Food is wonderful, atmosphere too, and we're waited on and no clean up. Sounds good to me. Thankful we are able to go.

My family has shrunk by a lot, and times have changed from the days my extended family did things. We've adjusted to the times and we really enjoy this.

Everyone have a blessed, grateful, relaxing day, however you spend it. 

Hope you feel better @gertrudecloset!

Exactly @amyb .  "Adjusted to the times.  Same for me .  Don't want the clean up and noise.  Just keeping it simple.  Will eat, binge watch some television shows, eat some more, LOL.  I did my share of cooking and entertaining for holidays and stopped doing it when my youngest went out on his own. 

Honored Contributor

Keeping it small, but have to cook enough for at least a day or two of leftovers.

Slightly OT .... years ago I read that the number one most eaten meal on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving was pizza, usually delivered.  This was reported by the National Pizza Association.

Makes sense .... although I didn't even know there was a National Pizza Association!  

Trusted Contributor

I'm making a big batch of Wendy's knockoff chili.  The house smells so good.   I'll post a pic and the recipe later this evening in the recipe section.  To us it does taste like Wendy's.

@gertrudecloset    Sinus infections are no fun.  Hope you get to feeling better. 

Honored Contributor

Hope you feel better @gertrudecloset .  

I don't cook.  Husband is cooking for us and 2 grandkids.  That's it.  I prefer a small low keyed celebration.

Honored Contributor

We just had salads with grilled chicken for lunch.  I made mine with blueberries, raspberries, bleu cheese crumbles, and a pear dressing.  Then our usual chia seed pudding for dessert.  

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal @CoffeeNut @Tinkrbl44 @amyb Just started taking those antibiotics today.  Got them yesterday later in the evening.  Thanks for the well wishes and I hope y'all enjoy your day.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I don't cook.  Husband is cooking for us and 2 grandkids.  That's it.  I prefer a small low keyed celebration.

I can definitely understand that @San Antonio Gal .  House full of people and noise this go round is not what I want.  Enjoy!!!

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Am jealous as I will be cooking--ugh!  Ours will be small and low-key as well so even though I hate cooking it won't be too bad.