Respected Contributor

Re: What's Everyone Doing Today if You're Home?

@Shanus

Thanks.   Another day of shopping and unboxing!!!   

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Making a bolognese sauce in the crock pot, monkey bread in the oven. Glued to the tv, made a couple of donations and confirmed my shifts for the phone bank. Will be taking the dog for a walk as soon as the monkey bread is ready. And of course, reading here!

@bathina  Love monkey bread. Recipe have yeast? Haven’t tackled yeast breads yet. Will check recipes and may give it a try.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I used a recipe I found on Facebook for Granny's Monkey Bread. It is made with dinner rolls in a tube- I used 3 tubes of Grands. You quarter them, roll them in sugar and cinnamon and stack in a bundt pan. Then you mix melted butter and brown sugar, pour over the contents of the bundt pan and bake. I cooked up some apples and raisins with sugar and mixed that in with the quartered rolls. It was sooooo good! If you try it I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Honored Contributor

I just walked in the door from a doctor's appontment and turned on the news! Woman Surprised

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I just walked in the door from a doctor's appontment and turned on the news! Woman Surprised

Thank God! I hope this is over.

Honored Contributor

Tickled pink for being at work.  Set for Municipal Court jury duty today and before I walked in the door the Deputy told me it was cancelled, all cases set paid their fines.  Tried to get me to stay awhile and have coffee and doughnuts anyway.  No way, working instead of a doughnut at jury duty is much more fun. 

Chinese food does sound good for dinner tonight @JaneMarple

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I am continuing my ongoing battle of wits with my puppy.  She seems to be winning. Smiley Sad

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mersha wrote:

I am continuing my ongoing battle of wits with my puppy.  She seems to be winning. 

I'd pay a quarter to watch that Smiley Happy.  I bet she has tennis balls hidden all over the house.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

I am continuing my ongoing battle of wits with my puppy.  She seems to be winning. 

I'd pay a quarter to watch that Smiley Happy.  I bet she has tennis balls hidden all over the house.

@deepwaterdotter 

I wish the tennis balls worked, Deep. 

We try to keep her as busy as possible....lots of exercise.  Unfortunately, she has this thing where chewing sofas, rugs, pillows etc. is wayyyyyyy more fun.

I should have taken a picture yesterday when she ripped apart a feather pillow.  You cannot even imagine what the room looked like and how long it took to clean.

What the heck was I thinking???????????

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

An uneventful 63rd Birthday today.  I gifted myself with getting my flu shot.  The news on TV is so depressing today....should go out and take a walk in the beautiful Fall colors to get me out of my BD funk...

@SeaMaiden Happy Birthday!  My 63rd was last Thursday.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha - Can you try the bitter apple spray and see if that curtails the chewing? Or, those kong toys that you hide treats in?