Respected Contributor

Re: What reminds u of "Autumn," "Fall?"

The ten+ acre field behind my home here in Western PA starts to take on a golden cast (instead of the green of summer...)..starts in mid August...a change is coming....

Apples carpetting the ground under the trees out back....all gone by each morning from the hungry deer loading up for winter....

Wood smoke from burning leaves or sticks as people clean up the property for winter...

Closing up the windows in the evening in between having to use the heat in late fall, and the warmer nights of summer when you left them open to cool off....

The feeling sometimes of impending doom because winter is coming...winter here can be brutal and long......just a sense of foreboding even though nothing specific is wrong....

Fortunately, just when you think you'll lose your mind because of a season, a change happens and you feel renewed....!!! that's why I love four seasons..... 

Honored Contributor

my childhood when we'd rake the crisp fallen leaves and jump in them! Oh the simpler fun days and of course, thinking about our Halloween costumes.  My friends still talk about those fun carefree days.

Living in FL I now don't get to enjoy the change of seasons -- it's always hot and I'm jealous of those who experience the beauty of Fall weather and of course, snow (I definitely miss that!).

Honored Contributor

NFL FOOTBALL!!! 

See the source image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

This very morning did, walked out the door and it is 65º this afternoon going home should be about 90º.  Fall in Texas.  Autumn colored clothes and summer sandals.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

NFL FOOTBALL!!! 

See the source image

This past Sunday was heaven watching 3 games in a row.  Darn Cowboys blew my excitment though.  Oh well always next week, maybe..............

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

The leaves changing color and falling in the breeze

Honored Contributor

Hatch Chile Season - Heart Of The Desert Heart Of The Desert

The scent of roasted green chile and...

SECO NEWS - Albuquerque Balloon Festival

balloons flying over Albuquerque.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, summer here in my part of California drags on through October.  So we mostly pretend it's fall except for some falling leaves and buds on the camellias. I do have a pumpkin on the porch and love the potted chrysanthemums. 

Fall is my favorite season and I welcome it, after a brutal summer here in California with terrible heat and restricted use of water, so, welcome fall!

Honored Contributor

Here in southern WV we know Fall is just around the corner when the days get shorter and we start losing daylight after the middle of August.

August means foggy mornings in WV, with much cooler temperatures.  At 8 a.m. this morning it was 54 here, and the fog was so heavy I couldn't see the tops of the trees on the mountain in front of my house.   

Based on the number of foggy mornings we had in August, we are predicted to have 28 snowy days this winter.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, gosh, so much.........Leaves turning color, the different smell in the air, everything pumpkin, looking forward to Thanksgiving and family, decorating the house and lighting fall smelling candles, resetting all my lanterns, Football!

I don't care for Halloween.  It seems like there is so much gore now days.

I have a huge oak tree and a white birch tree in my backyard.  They are so pretty when they turn, but them dropping all their leaves in my yard is not nice of them.  I live in a villa and there are landscapers for the yard, but not for my flower beds Smiley Sad

I live close to a high school and when they play home games and it's warm enough to have the windows open, I can hear all the excitement of yelling and the PA announcer.  All those people having fun!