Respected Contributor

Re: What on QVC makes you change the channel and why?

Lies about products (for example, "New today!" when it's something I previously purchased from Q) and incorrect use of pronouns.   When hosts use subject pronouns where object pronouns are required, I leave.  Newscasters do this, too, and I  change the channel on them, too.  I have little tolerance for public speakers who have not mastered basic grammar.

Honored Contributor

Are multiple one-hour presentation of the My Pillow TSV really necessary? 

Why would anybody sit and watch that?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had to type this again; my previous post didn't post.  Anyway, let's see.......vacuum cleaners, non-stick pots and pans (I use only stainless steel), small kitchen appliances, food shows, handbags (I like the smaller shoulder types), shoes, Oh, forget those misting machines (our walls would be dripping wet.  Too much moisture), Projection holiday lights.  Well, that's about it, for now.  I do enjoy listening to Dan Hughes on Christmas tree shows. His voice is calming.   ...........Edited: Adding computers, electronics, mattresses. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

The word "chic" in any presentation!  My hair stands up on the back of my neck (and I don't have hair on the back of my neck)!

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I think a HUGE number of QVC viewers leave QVC on in the background all day long. They don't necessarily watch or buy, but they leave it on for the noise and, in some cases, the company.

Honored Contributor

Hosts or vendors that irritate me, no matter what they're selling.  If someone's voice, body language, sales spiel (including the lies and misrepresentations) and/or appearance really annoys me, I cannot and do not watch.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

It is good company for some folks, if and when there aren't any other good TV programs/shows.  Oh, yes, I forgot about the hour pillow shows, which I don't watch, background company or not.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@brii wrote:

I think a HUGE number of QVC viewers leave QVC on in the background all day long. They don't necessarily watch or buy, but they leave it on for the noise and, in some cases, the company.

Sometimes, when other types of programming require more attention even in the background, having a shopping channel on serves the purpose of having the radio on or a white noise machine - and yes, company of a sort, although I am not "into" any of the hosts.

But - hours and hours on one single pillow (or anything) has me turning the channel to other shopping channels. As far as just passively listening or having it on in the background, I often find QVC's chief competitor more listen-able and their hosts and vendors less apt to irritate me in general.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

The only shows I ever watch are fashion (clothes, shoes, handbags). If they're not showing those, I'm not on QVC, there's more interesting shows on, books to read, or golf to be played. I guess I'm lucky because none of the fashion hosts or vendors get under my skin. There is one poster in these forums that does, though. Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I hardly ever watch any more because I don't like many of the hosts' voices and/or selling styles.  I already have too much "stuff" so really don't need to be buying anything.  These days I pretty much only do Q Checks during the commercials of the other tv programs I watch.  Or I check online to see what's new.