Occasional Contributor

I cannot get any descriptions or reviews, etc. on items that I might consider ordering.  I have tried to get this information many times and in many ways.  What am I missing?  I use a desktop computer.  I can still get to the forums and blogs.  

Honored Contributor

@jankay wrote:

I cannot get any descriptions or reviews, etc. on items that I might consider ordering.  I have tried to get this information many times and in many ways.  What am I missing?  I use a desktop computer.  I can still get to the forums and blogs.  

@jankay Hi jankay  I am using a laptop computer and have no problems.  Have you tried clearing your browser cache, flash cache, java cache, then closing your browser and restarting after clearing all these?    Or another idea try using a different browser--- IE, Firefox, or Chrome.  And you might try posting your question on the ELECTRONICS portion of the forum for more ideas.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I am not sure I understand. Do you mean that when you find the item you want, there is no description? What have you tried so far?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

Janky, I had the same problem. It went on for over a week. couldn't access product info and had to call to find colors sizes etc. I kept complaining. finally a CS person said she would report it and that it would take up to seventy some odd hours to fix. It was fixed by the next morning. Make sure you find some one who will take an actual report. -----I have an Imac.

Respected Contributor

It happened to me the other day......I tried all day to get the LG TSV Video to play (kept missing the live presentations) and I kept getting a "script" error and it wouldn't play.....it also didn't show the color selections.

What is a "script error"?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Occasional Contributor

Spurt, I'm unsure about how to clear "caches", but I will find out.  Also, I posed the question in the electronics section.  Good advice.  Adelina, I didn't do much-just clicked on various spots on product page-hoping to get something to come up.  Thank you, Hennypenny, for alerting me to customer service.  I figured it was something wrong with my computer, etc.  Lotus, don't know what "script error" means.  I haven't gotten that one so far.  Thank you all for your help.  

Occasional Contributor

Spurt, I switched browsers , and it worked.  Can now see descriptions and reviews.  Thank you again for replying.

Honored Contributor

@jankay wrote:

Spurt, I switched browsers , and it worked.  Can now see descriptions and reviews.  Thank you again for replying.

jankay, it does sound as if you need to clear your browser's cache and also any cookies associated with QVC -- or all your cookies, if you want.

You want to do this on the browser that was giving you trouble. Post which browser it was here and maybe in Electronics, have someone at home help you, or google the issue.

I recently couldn't access two sites. Turns out it was my FF because I was able to access both on IE. I cleared the cookies from those sites and cleared my cache, and all is well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Janky, I thought it was my computer. mr henny and I spent quite awhile trouble shooting (at least he did). I had already dumped my cookies.

Nothing else (amazon, and other places we shop) had issues.

I use safari and didn't want to have to change.

CS did contact someone who was able to do something about it.