Honored Contributor

Re: What is the "fingerprint" sign-in on iPhone?

I keep my 6+ n a slim protective case, amd I think it keeps my figerprint feature from working as well as it would otherwise.

I don't se t for that reason.

Valued Contributor

Hi... I am not talking about the fingerprint ID opening my IPhone.  I'm talking about some fingerprint I'd on my iPhone QVC speed buy .  What is that?

Honored Contributor

@sylviahomeatlast wrote:

Hi... I am not talking about the fingerprint ID opening my IPhone.  I'm talking about some fingerprint I'd on my iPhone QVC speed buy .  What is that?

The cases are made to allow the feature to work just fine...at least the Apple cases do.

Respected Contributor

@sylviahomeatlast wrote:

Theyre the same @sylviahomeatlast.

TouchID on your iphone.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

http://www.qvc.com/iPhoneAppFAQ.content.html

Frequently Asked Questions — QVC iPhone App —

What is Touch ID™?

Touch ID™ is a feature available on select Apple® products that allows you to use your fingerprint to authorize your sign-in credentials.

By approving Touch ID™ within the QVC app, you'll be able to streamline your shopping experience and avoid having to type in your email and password during checkout.

How do I set up Touch ID™ with the QVC for iPhone® app?

First, set up Touch ID™ on your iPhone®. If you've already set up Touch ID™ to unlock your phone, you're good to go.

The next time you make a purchase using the QVC for iPhone® app, a prompt will appear asking if you'd like to save your password. Choose yes.

From now on you'll be able to make a purchase using your fingerprint and Touch ID™. You can modify Touch ID™ settings anytime. Just go to the "More" section of the QVC app and tap "Security Settings."

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor

Well, maybe the fact that I have a clear cover on my Apple 6 s allows me to sign in on my phone but not in the middle on this Q feature... Just wondering
Thank you all
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have the fingerprint sign in on my tablet but on 19 out of 20 times it doesn't work and I have to sign in manually.   It's a big waste of time. 

I use mine on my phone frequently, if you want to, just delete the fingerprint and do a new one. 

I use mine all the time too.  I had two different fingers fingerprinted, so it's easy for me to use no matter how I'm holding my phone.  That's the way I sign in nearly all the time.

Honored Contributor

I have the I Pad mini 4 and it has the fingerprint ID on it. The secret is also making sure that entire fingerprint icon is completely filled in - so you have to keep moving your finger around until its completely inked in on that icon for the fingerprint to work. I love that feature.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Do NOT use anything fingerprint related.  The courts have ruled that the police/other agencies can demand you open the phone with biometric data, but they can't with a pin/password.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have the fingerprint sign in on my tablet but on 19 out of 20 times it doesn't work and I have to sign in manually.   It's a big waste of time. 

I use mine on my phone frequently, if you want to, just delete the fingerprint and do a new one. 

I use mine all the time too.  I had two different fingers fingerprinted, so it's easy for me to use no matter how I'm holding my phone.  That's the way I sign in nearly all the time.

I use my first finger on my phone and my thumb on my iPad because like most people, I hold them differently.

They have continued to perfect the fingerprint ID, but also, the more devices you have done it on, you get used to what it "wants" when recording the print. Also I think the onscreen instructions are better than early on.

With my iPad, they grabbed my finger at the Apple store and did it FOR me so I didn't learn anything. With my iPhone 5S I did it, but it took a while and it was a little frustrating. On Sunday I unexpectedly had to buy a 6S, and I did it quickly, no problems. It's more responsive on the iPhone 6S than on the 5S or my iPad Air 2.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all