Contributor

What happened to Roux Brow Tint and do you know of a replacement

I used this product for  years but apparently it has been dropped from the Roux line. I am not a beauty maven but even I could handle this product easily and safely.  What Happened?

I looked into something else suggested to me  but it warns that it is not for brows, only for mustaches, sideburns, etc.  

Thanks for any suggestions,

Pinks

Respected Contributor

Re: What happened to Roux Brow Tint and do you know of a replacement

Yes, I used to use the Roux lash and brow tint for many, many years (my lashes are very pale without it).  I always bought it from Sally's Beauty Supply.  I discovered last year that it was discontinued, so I went online and found some other brands that work the same way.  You should look on Amazon; you will find some there, and most are more inexpensive than the Roux.  Apparently there were issues with people getting it in their eyes and doing harm, although over the 30 years or so I used it, I applied very carefully and had no problems.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I believe that the Anastasia line has something along this line.  Also, if you have a European Wax Center near you they have a brow tint product.

Helen852
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@pinks It looks like a place called A Discount Beauty might carry it online. I would stock up.

Contributor

I just wrote a detailed response to my search at Amazon but it failed to post.  I don't know if this one will as well but here it goes  -- or as much as I remember.

I found several possibles on Amazon.  Nothing as easy as Roux and some downright scary if you read the reviews.

AS I have a shaky hand now, I need something that doesn't cause me to hide in the house for a week if I can't get the excess off.  I don't know how I can appply Vaseline around the shape of my eyebrow - do  you draw the outline with a pencil first?  Where can I purchase a brow stencil if you know?  My brows are very thin so I need to color my skin some.

Thanks for any help.

Respected Contributor

Godefroy Professional Tint Kit sold in Amazon & Ebay.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky