Honored Contributor

Re: What good is the a Target Drive Up App if I can’t get fruit or meat

@Mindy D    I've been using Walmart's pick up free service for all the things you mention for several years with great success.  I can order anything in the store.  It's fast and efficient with no hassle.  I order and pick up about every 10 days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Target has been a grocery store wannabe for a number of years but it still doesn't make the grade.  Compared to a grocery store, it has fewer choices, higher prices, and is less well stocked.  Not only that, but you have to walk a half-mile - past HBA, greeting cards, home goods, and small appliances - to get to grocery.  I can't imagine anyone doing serious grocery shopping there.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where a mask ,and go into the store.

@goldensrbest NO way.  I won't do it now.  

I tried one Target pickup, they they told me to pull up at the pickup space and GO IN the store to pickup my groceries.  They did refund what I had paid online.

Respected Contributor

Target has different options. Pickup is not curbside pickup. It's going to service desk and pickup. For curbside brought to your car you need to chose the Drive Up option.

Esteemed Contributor

I can only speak for my local Target but I would never do the drive-up for food from there again.  Other stuff is fine, just not food.  I had the grands here and as a treat threw in some powdered donuts.  You know, those little ones in a bag.  They love them.  Anyway, unfortunately I didn't check the bag when it was put in the car.  Clearly it was run over with something.  You could see they were all flattened and smushed through the little window in the bag.  So my guess is the damaged items are pawned off on the unsuspecting drive-up customers.  Again, can only speak to my store.  Others may not pull that.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D    I've been using Walmart's pick up free service for all the things you mention for several years with great success.  I can order anything in the store.  It's fast and efficient with no hassle.  I order and pick up about every 10 days.

@Kachina624 

I wish I had tried WM pickup when it first became available here. It is so easy and it saves me so much time and money! COVID-19 could magically disappear and I would just keep doing my shopping this way. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I have zero fear going in to the grocery store and doing my shopping.

I wear my mask.

When I get home, I put my groceries away the same as I did a year ago.

@Anonymous032819  I'm sort of half way there with you... I'm still having most groceries delivered, though I have ventured out a few times to the market, having grown tired of being at the mercy of a shopper, who might or might not look for the same things I do in a product. That said, whether I have food delivered or bring it in myself, I have not joined those who obsessively (and yes, that's my opinion) do everything but sandblast the products before they put them away... I put them away as I always have and then I wash my hands... Even though my MD, who clearly knows my risk factors, has told me I need to get out more and that if I follow the guidelines, grocery shopping should not be a great risk, I'm still being cautious... I also think the longer this drags on without any meaningful scientific intervention, the more gun-shy some of us will become and the more challenging it's going to be for some of us to more fully integrate once again with the world around us...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   How about advertising say on your next door group you need someone to shop for you? 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 76 and live in a small town (no Amazon Fresh, no Instacart etc) could do Wal Mart pickup but wouldn't put up with substitutions. I do use Sams online for snacks and some staples (funny, we hardly used Sams before, really prefer Costco online-- 3 hours for either choice for in store).  I am designated shopper for my family (DH has compromised systems and I am very healthy).  I usually go to grocery, Post Ofc etc in early morning, or dinner time; so far no problems. Btw, I got my flu shot two weeks ago (read this morning that they are making 18 times as much vaccine this year and most outlets can only do 50 shots a day (vice 50 shots an hour pre Covid) because of safety protocols).

Honored Contributor

Feel free to count me in with the obsessives who wash or disinfect wipe everything before it gets put away from the grocery store.  Wearing gloves and a mask.

I put the produce in a bag and keep it in the garage fridge unti needed then I bring it in and wash it.