Esteemed Contributor

Respect your body when

it's asking for a break.

Respect your mind when

it's seeking rest.  Honor

yourself when you need 

a moment to yourself.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Respect you body when

it's asking for a break.

Respect your mind when

yourself when you need 

a moment to yourself.

@Lindsays Grandma     YES!    I'm taking Monday as a "mental health day"............di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Respect you body when

it's asking for a break.

Respect your mind when

yourself when you need 

a moment to yourself.

@Lindsays Grandma     YES!    I'm taking Monday as a "mental health day"............di

@Desertdi ...Good for you!!!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma     OH......today was REALLY bad.    I had a "confrontation" with a shirt-tail relative......who thought they were going to inherit my HOUSE.  (What nerve!)  I politely informed this person that it was going to be sold and the proceeds were going to CHARITY.    And my lawyer has everything in writing...........     di  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma     OH......today was REALLY bad.    I had a "confrontation" with a shirt-tail relative......who thought they were going to inherit my HOUSE.  (What nerve!)  I politely informed this person that it was going to be sold and the proceeds were going to CHARITY.    And my lawyer has everything in writing...........     di  

@Desertdi   Oh OH, legal problems, the worst.  I hope you aren't talking about the house you live in.  In any case, sounds like you pretty much have it in order, hope the shirt-tail relative got the message loud and clear.  

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi   Oh OH, legal problems, the worst.  I hope you aren't talking about the house you live in.  In any case, sounds like you pretty much have it in order, hope the shirt-tail relative got the message loud and clear.  

@Lindsays Grandma    Oh YES.....the house I live in.    And I was told to "fix it up" so this relative wouldn't have to "take care of it"........Grrrrrrrr.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma this is going to hang on my fridge! @Desertdi 

Enjoy your day sorry for what your going through. ❤️🙏☕️

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I had to take several self-care days and tuned everything else out recently, due to the spanking my soul took from Covid "overload".😁

I was mentally, and physically EXHAUSTED! It was the "jumpstart " my "battery" needed during this Covid mania, and not a moment too soon.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

So true. I believe our bodies will always tell us when It needs help, a break or rest.

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...People have to learn to read the signals their bodies are telling them.  There comes a time when all of us have to shut down, back off, and take care of ourselves.  Between a stressful job and stress from some family members I decided a long time ago they were not going to get the better of me, my health and well being comes first, thank you.

Now there is the awful Covid that is to be dealt with.  I'm glad you took some time to heal yourself.  There is no way one person can take care of everyone around them and it's foolish to try.  No one is going to take care of us if we get sick because of taking care of them, SO, take care of yourself first, and that is not being selfish, it's being smart.