Honored Contributor

What good is the a Target Drive Up App if I can’t get fruit or meat

[ Edited ]

I just finished signing up for the Target App because it's a requirement for drive up pick up of groceries. I feel like I wasted my time because fresh fruit, frozen fruit and ground beef were the first items I looked at to order but none of these categories are available for drive up. I'd have to shop in store to get them. This really disappointed me. The prices for items were much better than Publix when using Instacart for delivery. I was hoping to save money this way and still avoid contact to shop safely. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What good is the a Target Drive Up App if I can’t get fruit or meat

From what I've read some of those services reserve the right to 'substitute' some items you may have on your list.

Some of those 'substitutions' that I've read about online are pretty funny, compared to what they were substitutes for.

I have no personal experience with those services, so I only know what I've read about.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Where a mask ,and go into the store.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest She wants to avoid going into the store.

@Mindy D  Have you tried calling local grocery stores to see if any have their own in house system for pickup.  My local store offers that.

Trusted Contributor

Is it possible for you to mask up, observe social distancing, wear gloves, use hand sanitizer, whatever you need to feel safe, to venture out, now and then and do your own shopping?

Contributor

I get fruit, vegetables, frozen items, and cold items (milk, eggs, etc.) from Walmart using their app. Everything has been fine. Nothing thawed or warm.

Honored Contributor

Where is my mask to wear? I ended up going inside because I forgot mine. It was a early morning stop that lasted 15 minutes.

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D    That's the same problem I run into with our local Walmart. Some of the things I want are in store purchase only. 

So I stick with Instacart. 

Regarding wearing a mask and going inside.....for some of us that is not a good option.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

From what I've read some of those services reserve the right to 'substitute' some items you may have on your list.

Some of those 'substitutions' that I've read about online are pretty funny, compared to what they were substitutes for.

I have no personal experience with those services, so I only know what I've read about.

I could never use an app like that, @KingstonsMom. Instacart allows you to pick a replacement or state that you don't want one. And you can chat with the shopper.

Amazon has none of those options, but then I think their system might include knowing the warehouse inventory because I have always received what I ordered.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised. Target is somewhat reliable for run of the mill products but even b.c. (before covid...) I could have never done a full grocery run at Target. Their pickings are just too meager. Some of that is probably related to my local store, which is among the worst Target stores I've seen, but the larger factor seems to be that Target simply has not jumped into the grocery business with both feet, which is fine by me. I'm tired of everyone thinking they need to be a grocery store.

All that said, I've also noted that Target is also very picky about what they'll ship and what they won't and so much is, once again, related to your zip code and to your 'home' store. It's also interesting that they offer shipping and they offer delivery and they are not the same thing. I don't know. Sometimes I think Target is trying too hard to be all things to all people and is thus falling short in all categories. And, once again, so much depends on your specific Target and you know, it really shouldn't be that way. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...