Honored Contributor

Re: What does your user name mean?

@ 

With sparrows, until the feathers come in, you don't know the gender. 

With the first two, I thought about Popeye and SweetPea because one was large and one was a tiny runt.  SweetPea didn't quite roll off the tongue.  So then I decided Poppy (like the flower) and Peewee.  Then the feathers came in and I saw one was a male, so I meant to name him Papi but just spelled it Poppi and left it alone.

My niece discovered my youngest wandering in the grass, blind and naked (eye's weren't open yet) as my nephew in law was cutting the back yard grass.  I had a Friday and Monday off of work and she called me and said, I found a baby bird and I have no trees in the yard so no nests and no nests in the gutter.

By then it had been 8 years since I hand raised a baby bird but I said okay, bring me the bird but I have no guarantees. 

I needed something that could go male or female since the bird was naked.  I decided on Presto because the bird appeared in my life like magic.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

RE:  is it suppose to mean something? 

Honored Contributor

@ 

Are you asking about the RE:  at the top of each response?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@@AKgirl2 

With sparrows, until the feathers come in, you don't know the gender. 

With the first two, I thought about Popeye and SweetPea because one was large and one was a tiny runt.  SweetPea didn't quite roll off the tongue.  So then I decided Poppy (like the flower) and Peewee.  Then the feathers came in and I saw one was a male, so I meant to name him Papi but just spelled it Poppi and left it alone.

My niece discovered my youngest wandering in the grass, blind and naked (eye's weren't open yet) as my nephew in law was cutting the back yard grass.  I had a Friday and Monday off of work and she called me and said, I found a baby bird and I have no trees in the yard so no nests and no nests in the gutter.

By then it had been 8 years since I hand raised a baby bird but I said okay, bring me the bird but I have no guarantees. 

I needed something that could go male or female since the bird was naked.  I decided on Presto because the bird appeared in my life like magic.

Funny how we find names that fit them, and for us too!  Maybe think about changing your name to "Birdwhisperer"...😉  I do like Birdmama though!  If the shoe fits!!

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

Hahaha.  Yep Do Bee and Don't Bee -- I remember that.  I think it was from Romper Room.  Gosh, such a long time ago!  Yes @dooBdoo, it's always a positive reaction to your nic!  I always enjoy your posts as well.  

Close...it was Ding Dong School with Ms. Frances.

There was both, a Ding Dong school and Romper Room.  I know do bee and don't be from Romper Room.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NativeJax@AKgirl2@Bird mama@SeaMaiden@ChynnaBlue

mine is easy to de-code! I enjoyed teaching teens but am retired now! 

Life/when I change my nick... I think it will be to "nana" with something added.

One of my favorite posters is no longer with us ... She was nana... and she served as a "nana-like" figure to me at a rough time in my life.

Now our lives revolve around our DGCs... so "nana____" would be appropriate!

Blessings to @SahmIam (((hugs)))

Also to @tends2dogs and @GRACIE in the loss of your fur babies!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@wilma wrote:

My username and avatar are related to my dog. She was a Corgi/Sheltie mix, but passed away 3 weeks ago. We got her when she was 2 from our local humane society. She was almost 18 years old when she died. We miss her a lot. 

@wilma  My heart goes out to you.  We lost our dog 3 weeks ago, also.  He was 9. Smiley Sad 

Alas, my username isn't true anymore......

@tends2dogs

So sorry for the loss of your dog. 

Honored Contributor

@Josetta47 wrote:

A nod to Josette from Dark Shadows

@Josetta47

I know who that is. My DH is a huge DS fan. He has the complete DVD set that came in a coffin shaped box. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@@wilma 

Aww, I'm sorry for your loss.

@Bird mama

Thank you for your kind words. 

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

Dry cleaning.

Hey Wonkawash, how you doing?  I have always remembered your explanation of your username from another thread on this same subject.  Great name!

Hi, I am doing great! I do have to have surgery tomorrow for some skin cancer on my nose and I'm dreading looking like Rudolf the rednose reindeer, but it will be done at Stanford with an excellant Doctor. Hope your doing well yourself!.....Hsa

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18