Honored Contributor

Re: What does your user name mean?

It refers to my birth sign.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

My username is a character from the book "Even Cowgirls get the Blues" by Tim Robbins. 

Respected Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

My name is birkinbaby because I LOVE the Hermes Birkin bag.

got that one real quick👜

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

Hahaha.  Yep Do Bee and Don't Bee -- I remember that.  I think it was from Romper Room.  Gosh, such a long time ago!  Yes @dooBdoo, it's always a positive reaction to your nic!  I always enjoy your posts as well.  

Close...it was Ding Dong School with Ms. Frances.

I grew up with Romper Room, Miss Frances, Engineer Bill and Sheriff John - plus Captain Kangaroo, Howdy Doody and Soupy Sales.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Kinda funny question but my answer is not. It's my name!!!!

Not a funny question at all. Over the years there have probably been at least a dozen threads asking the same thing. People have fun sharing.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I had to come up with something quick while signing on to post...

since I moved to Alaska recently, I chose AKgirl...very original huh?

Honored Contributor

Shoe kitty came from my love of shoes!!  Before my feet became arthritic, I collected shoes.  Maybe 200 pair.  Funky shoes.  It was pitiful.  My cat loved to sleep in the boxes.

I saw a Yacht once called the "Shoekitty".  I thought, yup, that's me....I would definitely+ name my yacht Shoekitty!!  If I had a yacht.

Honored Contributor

It is just my name......

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

Hahaha.  Yep Do Bee and Don't Bee -- I remember that.  I think it was from Romper Room.  Gosh, such a long time ago!  Yes @dooBdoo, it's always a positive reaction to your nic!  I always enjoy your posts as well.  

I grew up with Romper Room, Miss Frances, Engineer Bill and Sheriff John - plus Captain Kangaroo, Howdy Doody and Soupy Sales.

I don't think Engineer Bill and Sheriff John programs were east coast shows, the others you mentioned were.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I don't think Engineer Bill and Sheriff John programs were east coast shows, the others you mentioned were.

No, Engineer Bill & Sheriff John were local. All the rest were nationwide I think - at least Soupy eventually became nationwide - I know he started in Detroit. There were various different regional Romper Room shows with different women.