Esteemed Contributor

Re: What does your user name mean?

Oh that's interesting @NativeJax.  Thank you for the explanation!

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Hahaha.  Yep Do Bee and Don't Bee -- I remember that.  I think it was from Romper Room.  Gosh, such a long time ago!  Yes @dooBdoo, it's always a positive reaction to your nic!  I always enjoy your posts as well.  

Thanks, @Citrine1!   I enjoy your posts, too!  I don't write as well as I wish I did, so my comments don't always come across the way I want.   A work in progress, I am!   Nice thread, @NativeJax.    It gives us a chance to get to know each other a wee bit better, and maybe to learn that even though we don't always have the same opinions on topics we truly can find common ground.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was a little girl for some reason I always called all animals beasties and from the time that I was a little girl I have always possesed a great and compassionate loveHeart for all of these precious creatures....hence beastielove.

I am currently "mommy" to five kitties...all of them rescues, and am actively involved with the county's animal shelter.

I also belong to an organization that is trying to put an end to the heinous and cruel horse drawn carriage "industry" in New York City as well as to another organization that is trying to put an end to the equally heinous and cruel "sport" of dog/greyhound racing in this country and around the world.Cat Mad

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Got my first iMac in 1999.  On my 3rd one now.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@beastielove

Thanks for sharing... You have a passion for animals and help provide them a voice to be heard:-) very nice to know that about you🐱🐴🐶
Respected Contributor

Mine's pretty simple.  I'm in Ohio, an Ohio State fan and Nana to 9 grandchildren.

Respected Contributor

it means............a big black bird.....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@NativeJax I always thought you were of Native American heritage.  And I never made the connection between Jax and Jacksonville.  (duh to me hahahah)

Citrine or yellow topaz is my birthstone.  the "2" means nothing.

I thought that also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 wrote:

Hahaha.  Yep Do Bee and Don't Bee -- I remember that.  I think it was from Romper Room.  Gosh, such a long time ago!  Yes @dooBdoo, it's always a positive reaction to your nic!  I always enjoy your posts as well.  

Shoekitty said

Romper Room  yes!  I remember the 2 songs One was the exercise song!!

"Stand on tippy toes, reach for the stars...There goes Jupiter, there goes Mars!!

Then Miss nancy took the clear mirror, looked through it, and said, "Romper Bomper, stomper do. Tell me, tellme, tell me do...did all my friends have fun at play?  I see Barry, and Marsha, oh there is Brian and kathy..." yada yada yada

Funny the things that stick with you.  Geesh, hardly remember what I had for dinner yesterday, but dad burn it, I can remember Miss Nancy and those stupid songs, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

guess

Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow