Honored Contributor

What does PTO-Approved Pant mean?

[ Edited ]

What does PTO-Approved Pant mean? I received a QVC email about the Gravel TSV with this title. Actually, I didn't even know the phrase was pertaining to the TSV when I read it. I didn't find out until I clicked on it and ended up on the QVC site. I have no idea what a PTO-approved pant is. Is this some expression? What does it mean?

Regular Contributor

Re: What does PTO-Approved Pant mean?

Well in business PTO means "Paid Time Off". So maybe they are saying it is pants you wear when you are not at work?  That is the only meaning of PTO that I have heard. 

Honored Contributor

@mormel20 @Thanks

Super Contributor

In the old days, PTO stood for Parent Teacher Organization at your child's school. 

Regular Contributor

Where I live it was called PTA for Parent Teacher Association.  There was even a popular song "Harper Valley PTA".  Never heard it called PTO, like above poster said. 

Super Contributor

mormel20, I remember that song and think you are correct. Now I'm going to be singing that song in my brain all day now 🤣

Respected Contributor

@mormel20 wrote:

Where I live it was called PTA for Parent Teacher Association.  There was even a popular song "Harper Valley PTA".  Never heard it called PTO, like above poster said. 

The schools in West Texas had PTA. When we moved to a Hill Country town near San Antonio it was PTO. I have no idea why the distinction was made in the same state.

Respected Contributor

@mormel20 wrote:

@mormel20   Same here....

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's just a funny way to say to wear them on vacation!!!