Honored Contributor

Life is so much more complicated than a few simple words. Some days (the great days) those words can be spot on but most days I bet they are more off than on.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't work for me. I think of yesterday as being just as over as a million years ago. This doesn't count my memories, however, which I submit is a totally different thing. I sometimes muse over my happy memories and can become saddened at my losses. However, I do not get depressed nor do I "live in" the past.

My life is in the present with apprehension about the future. I cannot separate those two and don't see how anyone can. What one does today has direct consequences on what happens in the future.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 7/4/2014 ury said:

I get the message being relayed. After spending a friends week in Door County with a lady who was quite vocal fretting about past and worrying about future, I wish she would have been able to join the rest of us in present day. She missed out on lovely nature and fun experiences. And we spent too much time counseling and reassuring her. It's a crazy maker for the individual as well as loved ones.

I find people like this make me bored and tired very quickly. They require much patience and patience is something I don't have a lot of.

Trusted Contributor

Catchy and on the surface, true; however, most often, real life cannot be summed up in banal, though somewhat true, phrases.