Respected Contributor

What do you think of ...

[ Edited ]

the saying that was on one of the recent TSV tops? It said, "Girl, Wash Your Face." I thought it was great. IMO it meant that girls/women are beautiful inside and out. Something like we don't need makeup to show our inner beauty and that we're all beautiful on the outside, too. Maybe, it's even that we should show our strengths. Positive support. I admit that I didn't listen to the presentations on that TSV top, but the saying I saw stuck with me. What did you think of the saying?

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of ...

Depends on how it was said and how it was received.  If the meaning is " let you inner beauty shine, you don't need all that make-up"...then I'm all for it.  But I understand there could be some controversy with this comment.

@Desert Lily wrote:

the saying that was on one of the recent TSV tops? It said, "Girl, Wash Your Face." I thought it was great. IMO it meant that girls/women are beautiful inside and out. Something like we don't need makeup to show our inner beauty and that we're all beautiful on the outside, too. Positive support. I admit that I didn't listen to the presentations on that TSV top, but the saying I saw stuck with me. What did you tihnk of the saying?

Esteemed Contributor

Odd saying. I would not wear anything with that on.

Honored Contributor

It sounds more like an insult to me. 😂
Honored Contributor

It's the title of a book by Rachel Hollis.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I read somewhere it means to toughen up, and take a good hard look in the mirror and face your fears. I have no idea if that's the case.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I think life is tough enough without messages like that.  It is too vague to be inspirational.

Honored Contributor

What do I think?  Not much.  Just strikes me rather crude.

Respected Contributor

I wash my face, then apply my makeup.Cat LOL

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I do not like being addressed as "Girl". That's an automatic no sale for me no matter what follows.