Respected Contributor

Re: What do you do with old sheets?

@Citrine1 wrote:

Cut them up and use as dust rags

who dusts anymore? Woman Wink   (I have a cleaning service)

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I donate them to our animal rescue group and the Humane Society along with old pillows, blankets and towels.

They really, really appreciate them.

I would never have thought of that. Next time I need to get rid of sheets, I'll try that. Thanks for the good idea.

Respected Contributor

@gellen  Our local Animal Rescue Centers always glad if sheets  blankets, etc.

Respected Contributor

Goodwill in my area accepts sheets. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

Lucky you!  I dust all the time.

Honored Contributor

I donated all my extra sheets to Goodwill.  I just have a winter set and a summer set for each bed because I hate folding fitted sheets and I only have to do twice a year.  Out of the washer and dryer and right back on the bed!

Honored Contributor

Alot of people also donate baby booties- they can be used on the dogs paws during surgery to keep them warm..  that's what I was told from a vet tech.  I think it's a good idea.

I know this is off topic kinda but when my Oliver had to cross the bridge, he was wrapped in a multi colored green quilt-  I thought hmm  that hole looks familiar- by golly it was one of the older ones I'd donated and Oliver used to sleep on it.  Made my heart smile with tears for him asleep in my arms..  sorry..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Donate them to Hawaii Humane Society or SPCA.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

LOL, my feeling is why would I pay someone else to get the exercise that I need?

Respected Contributor

I use mine to cover plants in cold weather or as drop cloths when painting a room.

As far as donating them to shelters you may want to call them before you make a trip. Years ago I made a bunch of crocheted Afghans approved by some group can't remember which.I found a shelter on their list near me and took them. It was a family thing we all went. Problem was when they showed us where to put them there were so many blankets, towels shelf after shelf. It seemed like they would never get used. It was a little defeating for all of us.