Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🏡 What do you do to create “joyous” home environment?🏡

I decorated my home to be very comfortable & welcoming. I have a friend who’s home is all done in white.You can’t sit in her living room without her putting a sheet over the couch.You can’t lean on a wall.

Not in my house.Anyone entering can sit anywhere. My home looks lived in. It’s light & airy.

I have recliners & a comfy sectional with soft pillows & throws.There’s always chatter & laughter in my house.

Honored Contributor

Cozy throw on the recliner and sofa, nice soft fluffy pillows you can lean on, great music, healthy food in the fridge and cabinets, flameless candles around the living room, a grapevine tree with clear lights, a luminara lantern, a place that friends and family are welcome anytime  Heart

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@ZagIt sounds as if you had an absolutely wonderful childhood.  I wish we had all been as blessed.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Zag

I agree with @spent2much

Thank you for sharing so many elements that made your home life rich while growing up!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Good food, shared dinners, reading, great music.

Honored Contributor

It brings me joy to see all my dog's toys strewn all over the floor.Heart I never pick them up until cleaning day. Then the toys get put in an open box where she can just pick them out whenever she wants.Heart

Trusted Contributor

No yelling or bickering.

Lots of soft table lighting. I have several that are nature themed.

A wax melt going in the kitchen.

Little dogs at my feet or on my lap or both.

Respected Contributor

Calming music, subtle but beautiful fragrance, soft lighting.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Our home environment is made joyous by the fact that my husband recently retired and is almost always around.

@lulu1  Your post made me laugh because, at first, I misread it.  I thought you said that your "husband recently retired and is almost always SOUND".  LOL    Glad I was wrong!  Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

Candles, fairy lights, incense and white sage when it gets intense. I take in my partial water/tree view from my condo with my morning coffee.I have a precious kittie. I avoid letting negative people in my home when I can easily control it.I believe in feng shui as well.I have throws all  over. It's comfy here.