Honored Contributor

🏡 What do you do to create “joyous” home environment?🏡

Thinking about this lately...after the holidays and all.

Some women really put their “all” into entertaining family and/or friends in their homes.  And that might include cooking.

As a child, I remember watching family movies.

I also remember being read to as in bedtime stories.

Watched Soupy Sales at lunchtime using a tv tray set up in front of the tv.

How do you bring joy into your everyday environment?

Would love any ideas!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: 🏡 What do you do to create “joyous” home environment?🏡

Books and blankets are my go tos.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Music and lots of light

Respected Contributor

Our home environment is made joyous by the fact that my husband recently retired and is almost always around.

Honored Contributor

Fresh flowers.  I pick out beautiful bouquets at the grocery store.  They can last quite a while--not hard to take care of.

Honored Contributor

I try to make each day worthwhile whether it be going out shopping, being with friends and family or just relaxing at home watching a great show or reading a good book.  If the day brings sadness or difficulty, I know it will pass and I'll call a friend to talk to.  

While decorating the house with pretty things and keeping busy contributes to the positive environment, I just try to be up beat and optimistic  which in itself brings joy.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I have always thought of our home as a joyous environment.   We love everything about our life here; our home is comfortable and is everything we ever wanted.  We raised 2 great kids in this house, and have made great family memories within these walls.   

Our joy comes from deep within; I don't feel pressure to do anything differently.   I cook the way I always have, and I don’t concern myself with  â€śdecor”.    As long as we have each other, we have exactly what we need.   

Honored Contributor

DH, and our wonderful, furry family, they make our home and land a place of

love, joy and peace.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Contributor

Well, when I think of "joy" in the home, I think of a calm, cozy atmosphere, but maybe "joy" means different things to different people.   I don't have children, but my parents s created a "joyous" home.  My dad worked very hard for our family, so he was away from home a lot, but when he was at home, he was very good to us and we enjoyed having him there, and he, like my mother, taught us many things.  Things were always pretty quiet, although  my parents allowed us to be children and play with our toys and friends in our home.  We had lots of slumber parties.  Mom always had something nice on the stove cooking, and the house always smelled wonderful and was very clean, although she was relaxed enough to let us live in it.   My parents would play boardgames and card games with us.  They really liked to have the neighbors over for card game marathons on snowy days - they made snow cream for us too and played in the snow with us.  Mom encouraged all kinds of art - from coloring, sketching, painting, sewing, embrodiery, etc.  There was nothing that they could not do with their hands!  Each of my parents could take absolutely nothing and create something wonder with their hands!  Mom sang with us!  Mom got down in the floor and tickled us!   Dad taught us how to ride bikes and play sports, fish, mow, wash the cars, work in the garden, etc. Mom encouraged us to read books and invested in lots of good books for us, some fiction, some classics, and some biographies.  She always read a Bible story to us at night when we were especially young and said bed time prayers with us.  She would help us with our homework, and she was extremely creative when we had projects to do.  We always had dinner at the table, together as a family.  Sometimes, she would call up her siblings and suggest a last minute "potluck" meal, and they might just show up at our house in an hour with whatever they had planned to cook for their meal, and we would put all of our our food together for an interesting meal....She liked to watch good, clean movies with us, and always let us watch cartoons on Saturday mornings.  She would let us sleep in on Saturdays, but we had chores to do as well.  She took us shopping for school clothes, spring and summer clothes, and Christmas shopping, and I believe she got just as excited about it as we did, although we had a pretty strict budget.   She encouraged us to  work in the garden, do yard work, clean house, laundry, ironing, cook, babysit for extra money, spend time with our grandparents, work part-time in the summer when we were old enough,  etc.....so when I think of "joy" in the home, I think of the home my parents created for us,  a happy, calm, loving environment.  Some of us are truly blessed in this respect.  I am glad I was.  To this day, I still like to do most all of the things that we did in the home when we were younger....brings back many good memories and smiles for me, and on some days, will get me through a rough day, especially when I am missing my sweet parents.  I am truly thankful for the things they taught me and the time they invested in me....all of which created a wonderful, joyous home environment!

Trusted Contributor

I've always kept my house clean and something yummy in the fridge. I seam to have a home where people seam to fall asleep in.