Trusted Contributor

Re: What are you thankful for this holiday season?

Always a good question around TG.

I feel very fortunate, and often feel like pinching myself.

This is what comes to mind this TG:

1.) My husband and I are in good health and retired. I am still

happy to see him every day after so many years.

2.)  Our two sons are happily married, have good jobs and wives

who like each other very much.

3.)  Two grandchildren who are well loved and healthy.

4.)   Wonderful friends.

5.)  Dogs that are so much fun and considered family members.

6.)  All the great people who have meant so much to us

throughout our lives.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

What a nice thread!  I'm very thankful for my family, friends, my dog, Sammy, my older sisters, and I'm thankful that my positive thread on Among Friends is still welcomed there, even after 8 years, and for the many friends I've met through that thread by posting my email address there through the years!  What a blessing!  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  By the way, my thread there is similar to this one, posting our blessings.

GLORIA......good to see you on here.  Want to thank you so much for the daily inspirations you e-mail everyday.  They have gotten me through a very trying time this year.  Know you know what I've been going through, and am grateful for your words.  Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving and holiday season.  ShowMe......Heart

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I am thankful for my faith in God, who sustains me and showers me with blessings I don't deserve.  I am thankful to live in this great country.  I am thankful for my loving parents, who brought me up with firm values.  I know they are in heaven.  I am thankful for my teachers and the opportunity for a college education.  Of course, not the least for my dear DH, my family, including my two grown children and their spouses, and friends.  And for my two darling GC, whom I adore.  I am so grateful to have good health care.  And a fine house to live in and good food to eat.  How fortunate I am.

PAM......thank you for being a friend......you have been very uplifting to me through this rough time, more than you'll ever know.  You are a wonderful person filled with a lot of love.....

Have a most blessed Thanksgiving, and am sure your holiday season will be filled with a lot of love.......Heart

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I'm grateful for unexpected blessings:

"I Am Thankful For...

...the clothes that fit a little too snugly, because it means I have enough to eat.

...a lawn that needs mowing, trees that need pruning, windows/rooms that need cleaning, gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.

...the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking.

...the alarm that goes off in early morning hours, the aches and pains I feel when I arise, because it means that I'm alive.

...my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

...the taxes I pay, because it means I have income.

...the lady behind me in church who sings off-key, because it means I can hear.

...the mess to clean after visitors, because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

...the piles of laundry and ironing, because it means loved ones are nearby.

...my shadow who watches me walk, because it means I'm out in the sunshine.

...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I've been productive."

(attributed to: Family Circle - November 1999)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life." ~Rumi, poet

Oh my sweet dBd......you know how special you are to me.  We have done a lot of posting to each other, along with e-mails when my vision was not so bad......hopefully we will be able to continue to e-mail at a later time.  Your words of inspiration have helped me through some pretty tough times, and I am really fighting this darn battle......AND I'M GOING TO WIN.......love ya girlfriend......

Have a very blessed day tomorrow.  HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thankful for my family, friends, this wonderful job working with our posters and last but not least my furbabies.

GoGo watching TV.jpg

Oh my goodness Alice......this could be my Mr. Lucky too......he loves to watch PBS Create.  When he hears their music, he comes running.  So much fun to watch when he does that. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.......

Honored Contributor

WAYNE......thank you so much for this thread.  Here's wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday season.

There is a lot that I am so thankful for this Thanksgiving.  As there have been several posters on here that have mentioned they have been recovering from Cancer or are taking treatments.  I too have been battling Cancer since this January.  It has been a very rough year, but I know I am getting better.  I have metastatic melanoma......and have been getting treatments since the first part of February......started out having a treatment once every 3 weeks for 4 treatments, then I have been having a treatment once every 2 weeks.  It has taken a lot out of me.....but I am going to beat it......

Am so grateful for my wonderful doctors that are caring for me, and the wonderful staff and nurses that take care of us when we are there for our treatments.  And so many on Mr. Lucky's thread have held me up, with prayers, moral support, love and so much more. 

Here's hoping that each and everyone of you has a most blessed Thanksgiving.  Enjoy your families, love them, give them hugs and kisses........Heart

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you @ShowMe I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day also. Your Mr. Lucky is a beauty! I would love to see him come running to the TV...must make you smile. Take good care of yourself we are all keeping you in our prayers. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @ShowMe I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day also. Your Mr. Lucky is a beauty! I would love to see him come running to the TV...must make you smile. Take good care of yourself we are all keeping you in our prayers. 

Oh Alice, he is a bundle of joy......can't remember what it was like before I got him.  He is pretty much the same size as your cat is......  A big boy.....and a big bossy talkative cat......

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers......I do believe the many prayers that have been said for me have helped in the healing process.......  I am a strong believer in prayer.....

Anonymous

LOL @ShowMe my baby is bossy too! The way he talks you would think he was a Siamese. If he talks and then rolls on the floor you better get down there and love him. The all have such personality! 

Frequent Contributor

My life.  My family. My country, especially our military and first responders who protect and serve.  The American flag.  I fill up with such pride whenever I see it, I can just about burst!