Respected Contributor

@MamaWick I wondered about you when I saw the radar looking really concerning. South central of you, we fared better, but still had serious flooding and rescues. I had 4 3/4" of rain in about 2 hours. Buckets of rain falling, so it had to run off (if it could), or pool. Mine pooled. 

I was pacing watching the rising water in my yard. It actually flooded my driveway and some was coming under my garage doors. Thankfully the rain stopped, just in time. 

Glad to see the sun peeking through now and the coming cool front will be a nice change for the weekend. Glad you guys and your herd are okay up there. 

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

So sorry to learn this.  Those da*n never leaving storms!  I'm glad you both made out ok, but there's always others that are in danger's path.  

Please take good care.  Smiley Surprised

Super Contributor

So relieved for all of you that were in the path of the storm

came thru with minimal damage.

Hope the forest critters fared well.

Honored Contributor

My friends live in San Marcos in an over 55 Community, hope all is well for everyone there. 

Honored Contributor

Hot hits cold and there we gooooooooo!

Respected Contributor

Wasn't it something? The thunder kept me up for a while, then we lost power for about 30 seconds,  just long enough to have to reset all the clocks. Grrrr... 

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Wow! Wow! Wow!

After 8 emergency warnings on my phone, I finally turned it off at 1:49am. PapaWick's phone kept blaring, but he didn't count them and erased them before I could count. All seems okay at our place except some in-ground flat solar lights washing away, and septic alarm (it's okay this morning). Reports of 6 and even 10 inch rain gauges overflowing.

Schools are closed in our county.  Lots of flooding in the area.  

Hope all my Texas peeps in this path are okay.

20211014_100326.jpg

@MamaWick 

Quite a storm....oh the lightning!!!  I was glad the power stayed on in our area!!!  Glad you and Papa Wick are safe!!!  I hope the deer friends found shelter...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It was scary at our house with heavy rain, lightning, thunder. I had 2 dogs on my head last night...they were so scared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

This is the same thing that destroyed everything in our basement and caused the whole town to be under three feet of water.

Ten Gs in damage and climbing.....

We got almost 10 inches of rain in a couple of hours.

We are in the NY metro area too....

How many were trapped in the subway systems.

STILL have nightmares about it almost every night....

Caused by Hurricane Ida...

HOPE everyone is safe from the picture you posted.